Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Cash Game Hand

Options
  • 14-01-2005 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi all

Here's a hand from a 0.5/1 NL ring game the other night. I'm not really sure about the way I played it. I would really apreciate some advice!

So, we get one EP limper (ante $1) and then an MP player on my immediate right makes it $3 to play
    I have QQ so I make it $9. It folded around to the MP raiser and he calls

Flop comes AQ7 rainbow. Player checks very quickly....
    At this point my gut feeling was a medium PP or medium Ax, i thought KJ or KT was unlikely so I checked (if he had AA, which was a possibility I was fúcked anyway)

Turn J

I bet the pot (around $21) and he called quickly! Now I'm not sure...

River T - oh dear - if he's got any K i'm well and truly....it my own fault for slowplaying

He checked (thank fúck for having position!) Figuring that he'd would only call / reraise if i'm beaten and fold otherwise I checked

So, would anyone like to guess what he had? And how would ye poker legends have played it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

77 and counting on you having Ax where x/=K?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Hard to tell, what were his preflop raising standards? A lot of people wont raise preflop with 77, so this might rule that out. A quick call usualy is a draw, but I would expect a K to bet the river, as its very unlikely you are going to bet without one. I think 2 pair or 777 is the most likely, maybe AAA.

I actually think you should bet the river, as you will never get raised in that situation without a K, and you might get a call from 777 or two pair. People love to call, so let them. If he raises fold.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I reckon he has pocket Aces. His raise was very much for value pre-flop. One thing though. If you think you're ahead on the flop why not bet it. It's a cash game and you want money in the pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

I would have bet the flop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

yea, i should have bet the flop... trips Q, on a flop with AJ is probably not strong enough to slowplay with..

anyho, he had 99!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Ahh yes, the player who can't take his hands away from those pockets!

Gotta love these players but only when they don't hit their set on the flop/turn/river and the AA, KK, QQ holds.

I was quite sick last Sunday, lost $180 to idiots like these, will call any raise with any two matching cards 22 upwards.

I usually get beaten a few times a week by this, but three times in the space of 2 hours was enough to make me shut down bet365.....

Long term...gotta think.... L...

Advertisement