Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Amityville Horror

Options
  • 14-01-2005 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭

Anyone looking forward to the remake starring Ryan Reynolds (Blade Trinity, Van Wilder) and Melissa George (Home & Away, Alias, Thieves, Sugar & Spice) ?

I can't say I'm a big fan of the original -- Like 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre', it was a ' horror classic' that failed to live up to the praise. Just didn't find it creepy/scary...more like boring! :rolleyes:

PS - The forum really does need a kick-start :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I did my monthly trailer browsing session last weekend, and watched the trailer for it. Looks pretty good. I'm glad they keep the look of the house from the original (its such a creepy looking place on the outside).

One other trailer I came across was Alone In The Dark (yep, based on the PC game from the early 90s). Christian Slater is playing Edward Carnby.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I really liked the old Amityville Horror.. thought it was really well made and it freaks me out! Looking forward to the new one.. didn't realise they were doing it at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Alone In The Dark

Could be interesting, and I'm hoping 'Silent Hill' movie will do justice to the games as well!

In other remakes for 2005, there's the new 'Day of the Dead' prequel/sequel thing from the ppl who did the 'Dawn of the Dead' re-imagining.

There's a big feature on Amityville and Day of the Dead in the new issue of Shivers -- I didn't buy it, just flicked through it the other day ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Personally I loved the original Amityville film, utter classic!
    TmB wrote:
    One other trailer I came across was Alone In The Dark (yep, based on the PC game from the early 90s). Christian Slater is playing Edward Carnby.....

I'm actually looking farward to that, should be a good film. I loved the games, but the film seemingly has nothing whatsoever to do with them, bar the title, and characters.

Although the fact that it's directed by Uwe Boll will undoubtable put quite a few people off, I'm definetly going to give it a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Watched a few trailers yesterday including The Ring Two, Dark Water, The Amityville Horror & Alone in the Dark.

Ring Two looks excellent.

Dark Water appears to have a few more scares than the Japanese one -- I sorta liked the original, but was a little underwhelmed with the lack of scares!

Amityville Horror trailer is quite effective, and the house looks nice :p

Alone in the Dark was a little more 'wtf?!' about it -- Looks like 'The Relic' mixed with 'Dreamcatcher' rather than the game. Not a huge fan of the game though so it won't bother me too much -- shame the trailer is a little on the mediocre side!

• Advertisement

I'm actually looking farward to that, should be a good film. I loved the games, but the film seemingly has nothing whatsoever to do with them, bar the title, and characters.

Although the fact that it's directed by Uwe Boll will undoubtable put quite a few people off, I'm definetly going to give it a chance.

Early word is that it Alone in the Dark makes House of the Dead look like a masterpiece, which I sat through half of today.

House of the Dead sucks so, so much. Its just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Early word is that it Alone in the Dark makes House of the Dead look like a masterpiece, which I sat through half of today.

House of the Dead sucks so, so much. Its just wrong.

Aye - why make a movie of a computer game that has no story and its concept is the same as every other zomvie movie ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'm beggining to think that I'm the only person who liked House of the Dead? Come on people, it was HILARIOUS! That huge action sequence with all the bullet-time effects, I don't think I laughed harder in my life.

Advertisement