Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queer as Folk Season 5 is it's Last Season - L Word going for 3rd Season

Options
  • 14-01-2005 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

http://www.advocate.com/new_news.asp?ID=14816&sd=01/14/05

Showtime bids farewell to Queer as Folk, welcomes new season of The L Word
    Out Showtime president Robert Greenblatt announced Wednesday that the network was picking up a third season of The L Word but would bid farewell to Queer as Folk after the latter's fifth season. "We're saying it's going out with a bang," Greenblatt told Variety. "The executive producers feel like they've brought it to a certain place and told their stories. I'm sorry to see it go, but it also allows me to get new things on the air."

In a statement, Greenblatt said, "The L Word has not only proven itself to be a signature show for Showtime but also one that has captured the imagination of a large mainstream audience with its bold, sexy storylines and talented cast." Season 2 of The L Word premieres on Showtime on Sunday, February 20; the final season of Queer as Folk is set to premiere by early summer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Do you know if the L-Word been shown on any Irish or English channels? I seem to have missed it if it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

It's always on UK Living. Season 2 starts Feb 20th in the states. I can get you copies of the shows too. Everyone know seems to have em on dvd or divX.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

What are these programs when there a home. I can remember Queer as folk, simply because it got into the top ten sexiest moments on brit Tv. But what was the american version like. and is "The L word" in the same stream of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

The American version started off with the same storyline and then veered off and moved on it's own after that. Some like it moreso than the UK version. There was really only one season of the UK version with just 8 episodes and then there was a 2 episode "2nd season". I've only seen the UK version and I find it one of the best dramas around, and not because it's gay themed. Brilliant acting, brilliant writing and some really in your face sex scenes. It's very real and doesn't adhere to the stereotypes.

The US version is going into it's fifth season. 21 episodes in first season, 22 in second and 26 in third etc.

The L Word is the Lesbian equivalent of Queer as Folk. Rather ballsy show too and again same quality writing and acting as QAF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

The L Word is the Lesbian equivalent of Queer as Folk. Rather ballsy show too and again same quality writing and acting as QAF.

The L Word just finished it's 2nd run (I think it's 2nd anyway) on Living last week, not sure if it's currently on. Very good show -- as noted, quality writing & acting, and it sometimes has some nice looking gay boys in it. :rolleyes:

First season is out on R1 DVD for a few months now, if anyone's THAT into seeing it. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

The news about The L Word makes me very very very very very happy indeed. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Reese

Same here, can't wait for S2 of L Word, end of last season left me crying for about 7 weeks :p

Advertisement