Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Bray

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

How is the 1meg package from IBB for gameing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

im in cork and only had major probs last 3 or 4 days
    getting 100ms + on css servers

This is only what its telling me but in net_graph its more like 150... Thing keeps spiking. Usually don't have same probs as dubliners but im getting it now. Disgrace. I don't think its spyware but ill try to find it if it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

cranoo wrote:
    How is the 1meg package from IBB for gameing :)

I was on the 1Mb package until recently and can wholey recommend it for gaming.Pings are in the region of 20ms to boards and 35ms to jolt in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

There seems to be a lot of problems recently, stemming from tiscali (supposedly). Anything routing through there is extremely slow.

is there another option of routing elsewhere? I want to know this when i **** em out of it tomorrow on the phone.. I want to change router if that's the case.

• Advertisement

i doubt it. Not too sure what tiscali is, but its a major routing point, and i doubt it'd be easy to bypass it. It could be that IBB have saturated their bandwidth that they have going to tiscali, and all that has to be done is IBB buy more. Who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Like I said earlier, outbound traffic to the UK is routed through Telebor which is fine.The problem is the return route through Tiscali...

Just got another callback, asking how was the connection and i said it was still crap, which it is. Lets see how this works out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

I'm in Clondalkin and it has been iffy for the last few days. Last night was the worst for pings. constantly 500+ to jolt.co.uk and getting upto 50% packet loss.

I rang there yesterday. Said router was oversold working at capacity and it should be fixed by friday. I asked for a different mast but convieniently my aerial is not facing any other one. Find this hard to believe... But anyway i want go get the old hurley out and give the thing a spin round :) might work properly then...

This is aqlso starnge though as the pings from ibb themselves are very spikey. I don't know what routers but they aren't the local ones down south here. I take it this is another problem so when they cop on to one, they might actually find it after 1000s of complaints. :( So heres to chaning providers :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

any word is service okay ?
    I'm using 1 mb lite at the moment and it seems okay .....................

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

Well, late last night I was getting absolutely blistering speeds - my 1MB connection was more like 3MB. :eek:

Now... slower than dial-up. Actually not even fit to be called a Broadband service. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 G|N|T

I'm off RTE using VL and it has never gone down! i get perfect speeds ranging over 120k/bytes. And when im playing Css i get pings of 25-40ms, even when im using VOIP. I'm happy. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

i think if there are any more problems we should keep this thread alive as in unison and together we make a much stronger lobby to get things sorted!!

Just for people who are wondering what happened...

My connection is back to normal. 115kB/sec downloads from everywhere again. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

It's old news but:

Irish Broadband gets EUR18m cash booster
    Friday, January 07 2005

Let's just hope they put it to good use eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

Extremely happy now from the bray mast since Friday...

All well but very annoyed it took over one month to fix. Am in the process now of trying to get them to give me the month for free..

I have a feeling that i don't stand a chance!!!

god i can't type lol. Got the connection sorted, still bad after they updated the mast. So they gave me new IP. Now I got at least 100kbs download speeds all the time, and 40ms to a laggy uk server. The occasional spike but what harm. At least it working well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Yeah it's working great. Looks like the backbone just went tits up.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭richardo

Was a fine service!!!

Their DNS has just failed four times in sucession. Like a bl**dy yoyo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I'm getting very strange pings to the mast. I'm usually getting solid 3-4ms pings to the mast. Now they're all over the shop with occasional timeouts. Anyone else _in Bray_ seeing this (62.231.50.193 is the mast) before I get to listen to support's excuses:

ping -n 20 62.231.50.193

Pinging 62.231.50.193 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 62.231.50.193: bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=254
    Reply from 62.231.50.193: bytes=32 time=13ms TTL=254
    Reply from 62.231.50.193: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=254
    Reply from 62.231.50.193: bytes=32 time=11ms TTL=254
    Reply from 62.231.50.193: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=254
    Reply from 62.231.50.193: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=254
    Reply from 62.231.50.193: bytes=32 time=4ms TTL=254
    Reply from 62.231.50.193: bytes=32 time=69ms TTL=254
    Reply from 62.231.50.193: bytes=32 time=6ms TTL=254
    Reply from 62.231.50.193: bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=254
    Reply from 62.231.50.193: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=254
    Reply from 62.231.50.193: bytes=32 time=4ms TTL=254
    Reply from 62.231.50.193: bytes=32 time=7ms TTL=254
    Reply from 62.231.50.193: bytes=32 time=59ms TTL=254
    Reply from 62.231.50.193: bytes=32 time=40ms TTL=254

Ping statistics for 62.231.50.193:
    Packets: Sent = 20, Received = 20, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 3ms, Maximum = 69ms, Average = 18ms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

Blaster99:I'm getting very strange pings to the mast......

Im in bray too with IBB 1MB and im getting weird pings form the mast..... :confused:!
    Ive had a good service from them before christmass then it went down at new years night... for a whole day... after that is gone to hell :mad: getting form 4ms to 50ms... GERRR! Then when I went to a firends gaff the only got IBB and they were getting 2ms - 4ms form the mast ??? WTF :confused: I am on the 62.231.50.193 mast they are on 83.141.80.129
    What could it be... Bandwidth or my Radio.... ??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Julian

Hi all. I have a question about Irish broadband which didn't warrant its own thread. Once you have sent the form to Irish broadband how long did it take them to do a line of site test on your house? If you pass the line of site test on the day, do they install it there and then or do they come back and do it later?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

Hi All.

I have just recently got the breeze 1MB Lite connection from Irish BB in bray, its working great for the net and downloading, the problem I am having with it is when playing BFV I get dissconect from the game after a few minutes, this never happened with Eircom BB, I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem

Thanks. Cranoo

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭richardo

Julian wrote:
    Hi all. I have a question about Irish broadband which didn't warrant its own thread. Once you have sent the form to Irish broadband how long did it take them to do a line of site test on your house? If you pass the line of site test on the day, do they install it there and then or do they come back and do it later?

Thanks

I can't remember how big the time lag was between posting off the form and their making an appointment, but it was a long time!! Eventually, they phoned to say they'd be out in two weeks to do a LOS test, and even gave a time.

Fair dues to 'em, they turned up on the day and on time [well, three minutes late!]. They fussed around with poles, cables and laptops - said the signal was grand - and installed it there and then. Took 'em about an hour.

I'm on the Bray mast BTW, and since installation [15th Dec] I have had few complaints. There was the famous New Years Day incident and their DNS has gone down a couple of times, but apart from that - no problems.

At the moment I'm getting 627Kbit [testing on u.tv/speedtest] which is about average. A bit better than the old 20Kbit that I used to get on my trusty 56K modem anyway :D

Advertisement