Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling vodafone contract....

Options
  • 14-01-2005 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

I was wondering is there anyway to cancel my 12 month contract with vodafone, I'm moving to the states soon, and i'll still have 8 months left on it, will I have to pay some sort of release fee or can I just cancel it? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

you'll have to pay off the line rental charge for the remaining 8 months.. don't think there's any way out of it. just change to the cheapest option you can and then cancel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

NB. Cheapest option I'm aware of is the one for E20 PM, still means forking over about E160 though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

NB. Cheapest option I'm aware of is the one for E20 PM, still means forking over about E160 though :/

And hopefully you got a Tri-Band phone to use over there when you took out your contract... at least then you're getting *some* remote sense of "value".

Maybe try to persuade a family member to take over the contract from you? Could get messy if they don't pay the bills on time though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Switch down to the cheapest line rental contract or see if you can transfer to pay as you go.

Is there any notice that you can give VF before quitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Had the same problem and had to wait until contract lapsed.... nowt you can do.
    !****ebags!
    Have never signed a contract phone since, PAYG for me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You sign a contract for a reason though... it means Vodafone can rely on recouping the money from the discount fones that subscribers get...

You should really have known what you were getting into, as crap and all as it may seem now..

Advertisement