Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I am available to work in IT

• 14-01-2005 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im a student in Waterford Institute of technology, also living in the waterford area, i have a great interest in computers, i can fix them (both hardware & software problems), build them, run them, setup networks, protect the networks properly, remove viruses from PCs, set up internet, i can build websites www.theirishsurfer.com being my personal site, i can make software in visual basic and java, i have experience in technical support and repair as i run my own small business from home fixing PCs and dealing with phone calls in my area. I really would like a job in computers during the summer, somewhere in the waterford would be good, i have good people skills, im friendly and very approachable and as im not qualified wont cost you an arm and a leg so to speak. Does anyone have work out there for me?

I would also be interested in doing one of jobs during the college term such as graphic design, web design, PC repair/build/upgrade, setting up a network or running/assisting in the IT area of a company.

Qualifications
    ECDL (European Computer Driving License)
    Cetificate in e Skills in Internet
    Cetificate in e Literacy in Digital Literacy

Nicky

email: nickybutler@gmail.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

is your business registered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Not to knock you but you have appaling grammar, your site is made with Frontpage and it's not exactly a show piece and you list the ECDL as a qualification.

I'm assuming this post was supposed to be akin to a C.V. for any potential employers but based on the posts contents I very much doubt you'll have head hunters banging your door down.

If I was you I'd delete this post or ask the mod to delete it, get a properly formulated, worded and grammatically correct PDF doc together, being specific about your skills and abilities and the areas you'd like to work in.

Then re-post it up. Also if you don't mind tech support phone work to get your foot in the door send your C.V. to AOL in Waterford beside the college.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭coolio_64

how do you know he is using frontpage

i think it is a good website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

coolio_64 wrote:
    i think it is a good website

The front page looks alright, but once you go into the actual pages (for instance, click on The Irish Surfer), the design is pretty bad.

Doing TS is a good foot in the door, Nicky. It might not sound like much, but it's work, it'll look good on the CV and will get you in a company. There's usually jobs available internally aswell, so after a while you could apply for those.

Advertisement