Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestling Channel Supershow - What a f**kin' Lineup!

• 14-01-2005 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

From the TWC Forums:
    JAPANESE STARS SIGN UP FOR SUPERSHOW

Mitsuharu Misawa, Yoshinari Ogawa and Kotaro Suzuki from Japanese Promotion Pro Wrestling NOAH have joined the already star-packed line-up for the TWC Supershow: International Showdown.

Misawa is one of the true legends of Japanese wrestling. The five-time Triple Crown winner and two-time former GHC Heavyweight Champion has done it all in the Japanese ring and has now decided the time is right to showcase his incredible skills to UK fans.

This icon of the industry will be joined by his GHC Tag Team Championship partner, the cocky and talented Yoshinari Ogawa, and one of the most promising and exciting youngsters in Japanese wrestling, Kotaro Suzuki.

Misawa, Ogawa and Suzuki join what has now become a truly international line-up of names already announced for the mega-event on Saturday March 19th at Coventry SkyDome.

First Match Announced:
    Samoa Joe v CM Punk
    The Ring of Honor rivalry continues!

Also signed to be part of the incredible line-up at the TWC Supershow: International Showdown are:

Mick Foley
    In a special non-wrestling appearance, the former three-time WWE Heavyweight Champion and Hardcore Legend.

Raven
    Former WWE, WCW and ECW star, and current top star in NWA-TNA.

'The Phenomenal' AJ Styles
    Former multi-time NWA-TNA Heavyweight Champion and X Division Champion.

'The Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels
    Former NWA-TNA Tag Team Champion and leader of The Prophecy in ROH.

CM Punk
    Set to clash with Samoa Joe at International Showdown, Punk and Joe have warred throughout 2004 in some of the best matches of the year and in several classic battles for the ROH Title, including two superb one-hour draws, Punk has yet to pin the rock-hard Samoan's shoulders to the mat. However, many experts believe The Second City Saint's efforts softened up Joe, perhaps indirectly causing him to eventually lose the ROH Title on Boxing Day to Austin Aries at ROH Final Battle 2004.

Samoa Joe
    The former Ring of Honor Heavyweight Champion, who held that title for nearly two years, has agreed to be part of the TWC Supershow: International Showdown. Recently ranked number four in the Power Slam Magazine Top 50 for 2004, the hard-hitting Islander has competed in some superb matches in 2004, particularly against CM Punk, Homicide and 'American Dragon' Bryan Danielson. This will be only the second time Joe has appeared on UK shores

'The Anarchist' Doug Williams
    Former FWA British Heavyweight Champion and ROH Pure Wrestling Champion, universally recognised as the top wrestler in the UK.

Petey Williams
    Current NWA-TNA X Division Champion and master of the Canadian Destroyer.

'The Wonderkid' Jonny Storm
    Former XPW European Champion and number one contender to the FWA British Heavyweight Title.

Sonjay Dutt
    NWA-TNA X Division high-flyer from India and the 2004 winner of the CZW Best of the Best Tournament.

The second match to be signed for the TWC Supershow: International Showdown will be announced on www.thewrestlingchannel.tv next Wednesday (January 19th). Stay tuned for news on what should be an appetising clash for all wrestling fans.

This is already shaping up to be the most star-studded independent wrestling show in the UK in many years so don't delay, book your ticket today either by calling the box office on 02476 630693 or by clicking HERE to order through the TWC website. Tickets are already selling incredibly fast, so early booking is advisable.

INTERNATIONAL SHOWDOWN WEBSITE LAUNCHED
    For the latest information and updates on this event, we have just launched the official website for International showdown – check it out, at www.internationalshowdown.com

post-2-1105700226.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gothic Warrior

Wow. Not even one response.
    You guys obviously know quality when you see it. I bet the name "Samoa Joe" just raises big "?" marks to all the brainwashed Sports Entertainment sheep on here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

nope, just got no interest since I dont have TWC :)

Ph3n0m wrote:
    nope, just got no interest since I dont have TWC :)
    It's not on TWC, so that makes no difference - it's a wrestling event with all the top WRESTLERS in the world.
    "Wrestler" - it's what Paul London used to be before he went to WWE, and Spanky before and after WWE. It's definately worth checking out.

Or am I wasting my time even mentioning it? Since 95% of the topics are about WWE on this forum, I guess it would be like trying to explain Jazz to Samantha Mumba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

its actually going to be taped to be shown on the wrestling channel at a later date

:D

Colm

shinzon wrote:
    its actually going to be taped to be shown on the wrestling channel at a later date

:D

Colm
    No it's not.

And even if it was - that still isn't an excuse for nobody showing an interest in attending. This is a real WRESTLING show with the top talent in the world, and the WWE drones on this forum don't even know who any of them are. Just look at the topics - they are all WWE.

• Advertisement

oh no you mean most people on this forum only and can only watch WWE programming - oh deary deary me

listen kid I 've been watching wrestling for more years then you have hot dinners - including NOAH, NJPW, K-1, New Japan, WOW, etc - you name it over the past 25 years I have watched.

Just because some peopel show no interest in going over to England to watch a wrestling events, with some good talent featured on it - does not make them all drones - does it?

And lets be very realistic, the "top talent in the world" - I dont think so - there atleast 50 of those on the card who would be wiped away by other wrestlers throughout the world

Lets have a look at them

Mitsuharu Misawa, Yoshinari Ogawa and Kotaro Suzuki - right there are 3 of the best wrestlers in the world

Mick Foley - sorry but Foley has had his moment

Raven - too undisciplines and getting way too old to make a decent impact

'The Phenomenal' AJ Styles - gah am I the only one that does not like this guy - too much hype for my liking, I have yet to see him become the all round package everyone calls him

'The Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels - again a great wrestler,

CM Punk/Samoa Joe - goes without saying :)

'The Anarchist' Doug Williams - have never liked his work at all

'The Wonderkid' Jonny Storm - again have never liked his work

So you hav a collection of wrestlers, but the best in the world - I dont think so

I shouldn't expect much of an educated comment from somone who has a "Dimebag" Darrell tribute sug. No worries, mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

you really are a moron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

No it's not.

And even if it was - that still isn't an excuse for nobody showing an interest in attending. This is a real WRESTLING show with the top talent in the world, and the WWE drones on this forum don't even know who any of them are. Just look at the topics - they are all WWE.

Emm yes it is, get your facts straight please

Shin

And i agree you really are a moron

I shouldn't expect much of an educated comment from somone who has a "Dimebag" Darrell tribute sug. No worries, mate.

ok because one of us is really slow, i am going to use easy words to ask this question - why was my comment not educated?

Was it
    a) because of my musical tastes
    b) because of my wrestling preferences or
    c) because I actually broke down my arguement and told you want I liked and disliked from the list of superstars performing at the Supershow?

• Advertisement

shinzon wrote:
    Emm yes it is, get your facts straight please

Wanna make a wager?

Ph3n0m wrote:
    ok because one of us is really slow, i am going to use easy words to ask this question - why was my comment not educated?

Was it
    a) because of my musical tastes
    b) because of my wrestling preferences or
    c) because I actually broke down my arguement and told you want I liked and disliked from the list of superstars performing at the Supershow?

Okay - I apologise for being a dick. I happen to think Pantera are pretty cool.

BUT - my whole point is that all the posters on this forum don't seem to know anything outside of WWE (just look at the topics). That TWC show has an amazing line-up - yet it got ZERO replies - regardless of whether or not people are going, I would still be thinking "That looks like it's gonna kick ass", but people would rather talk about "Do u think Randy Orton will b8 Triple H lol, 111!!?" and "Will Dawn Marie do Playboy, ROFL, 1!!!?" Not one topic even references the huge world outside of WWE.

That's my point. Sorry if I flew off the handle.

Okay - I apologise for being a dick. I happen to think Pantera are pretty cool.

BUT - my whole point is that all the posters on this forum don't seem to know anything outside of WWE (just look at the topics). That TWC show has an amazing line-up - yet it got ZERO replies - regardless of whether or not people are going, I would still be thinking "That looks like it's gonna kick ass", but people would rather talk about "Do u think Randy Orton will b8 Triple H lol, 111!!?" and "Will Dawn Marie do Playboy, ROFL, 1!!!?" Not one topic even references the huge world outside of WWE.

That's my point. Sorry if I flew off the handle.

apology accepted. Personally if I was going to the show, there would be a lot more discussion from me atleast, but unfortunately that is not to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

"Do u think Randy Orton will b8 Triple H lol, 111!!?" and "Will Dawn Marie do Playboy, ROFL, 1!!!?"

they are just the highlights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Ph3n0m wrote:
    oh no you mean most people on this forum only and can only watch WWE programming - oh deary deary me

listen kid I 've been watching wrestling for more years then you have hot dinners - including NOAH, NJPW, K-1, New Japan, WOW, etc - you name it over the past 25 years I have watched.

Just because some peopel show no interest in going over to England to watch a wrestling events, with some good talent featured on it - does not make them all drones - does it?

And lets be very realistic, the "top talent in the world" - I dont think so - there atleast 50 of those on the card who would be wiped away by other wrestlers throughout the world

Lets have a look at them

Mitsuharu Misawa, Yoshinari Ogawa and Kotaro Suzuki - right there are 3 of the best wrestlers in the world

Mick Foley - sorry but Foley has had his moment

Raven - too undisciplines and getting way too old to make a decent impact

'The Phenomenal' AJ Styles - gah am I the only one that does not like this guy - too much hype for my liking, I have yet to see him become the all round package everyone calls him

'The Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels - again a great wrestler,

CM Punk/Samoa Joe - goes without saying :)

'The Anarchist' Doug Williams - have never liked his work at all

'The Wonderkid' Jonny Storm - again have never liked his work

So you hav a collection of wrestlers, but the best in the world - I dont think so
    So if he was five years old and had a hot dinner on average 5 days a week then you have been watching wrestling for more than 1300 years, wow. What were the promotions like in 700AD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

FX Meister wrote:
    So if he was five years old and had a hot dinner on average 5 days a week then you have been watching wrestling for more than 1300 years, wow. What were the promotions like in 700AD?

Although it's completely off the point..I thought he meant that the guy has had less years of hot dinners than Ph3n0m has had years of watching wrestling..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Yes perhaps he did mean that. Bit of an ignorant comment to make though as he has no idea how long gothic has been watching wrestling.

Advertisement