Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3G problems - anyone else?

Options
  • 14-01-2005 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have posted a few times about a few problems with Vodafone 3G, using my SE v800. Most have now been ironed out, except for one major one. When in Dublin city centre, I cannot use the 2.5G network for voice. If I'm in 3G coverage, I'm fine, but when I then switch to 2.5G, like in any building I've been in, I cannot make, or receive a call. If I start a call in 3G coverage and then move into 2.5G, like when driving, it works fine, but I cannot actually start a new call, or receive a call in 2.5G.

I have spoken to Voda CS, who I must say are much better than O2. Until this week they had said that it was a compatibility issue with the handset, and would be sorted when the handset was released. This week, now that the handset is released in Ireland, they say that the marketing dept. (not the tech dept!) are looking into it, but have no idea when it will be sorted.

I'm wondering if any others are having similar or indeed any other problems with 3G? I must say that 3G users are suffering a little for being 'early adopters' and are paying a premium for this poor service. I would have thought Vodafone would have things setup a little better before releasing 3G products. It seems that the customers are doing a lot of the work sorting out the teething troubles.

Ro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I am having problems at the moment also (using Nokia 6630). When I am on a voice call and if the phone switches from the 3G to the 2.5G network (or vice versa), the call drops.

This is very annoying in places (such as on the edge of Cork City) where it keeps trying to force itself onto the 3g network but then drops back after a few seconds. I rang V.C.S. and am still waiting for an engineer to phone back.

Advertisement