Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft interviews

• 14-01-2005 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

I'm only onto the phone interview stage. But I've heard MS are pretty unique in all their interviews. Anyone have any eperience with them or are they the normal phone interview types just to get a feeling of you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What's the job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Student placement in the UK :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Aye, their interviews are legendary.
    There is even abook written about them, search amazon for "microsoft cult of the puzzle"

also found this > http://www.sellsbrothers.com/fun/msiview/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭coolio_64

what sort of work is it?

how do you apply

Goto the Microsoft website and then the careers section. Find whichever bit suites you best :).

Too late to apply this year... in the UK at least, not sure about Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I worked for MS as a student placement, they call em CO-OP's, and i had an interview for a full time position just before xmas (didn't get it so you can take or leave my advice).

The interview depends on the position you are going for... i was going for a development position both times so they had technical questions....

Why don;'t you give more details and if its a development/technical role i'll continue this post.

Its slightly different in the UK I think. There is a list of areas you'd be interested in working (6 areas) on the application. I went for 3 of the IT Related (Development, Consulting & Technical account management)

Its only the early stages yet so I've the phone interview first. If they like that then I'd move onto the face to face stage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭AlisonB

Went for a co-op job there over a year ago interview lasted over an hour an da half.. I think the position was in their .NET team. but anyway.

they gave me the following problem. if you had a set of numbers and one number was missing, how would you check what that number was.

I was asked a load of techie questions, DNS, static IP, DHCP. usual crap. was also asked about ADO.

I didnt get the job cause they thought there was discrepencies with my qualifications.. just be prepared for a grilling...

Advertisement