Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lobe stretching question?

Options
  • 14-01-2005 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

im thinking about getting this done but i only want the really small holes and i was just wondering if in 6 - 12 months i wanted rid of it would my lobes heal up, i.e. no holes left in my ears for life!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Jetpilot

The general rule is keep them below 8-10mm and yes your ears will close up. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭thafitz

do you know of a good place to get this done?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

it is possible to do this yourself,you can buy special pieces of jewellery that are tapered which you can push through your lobe until it gets bigger. you can buy them in any good piercing place. or just do it like i did and put any spare rings in,did the trick nicely.

here is some of the expanders you could get... expanders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

i got mine pierced and stretched to 1mm about a week ago and they look rather tiny plus the back came off the tunnels in my sleep i was wondering how long i should leave it b4 trying to stretch to 3.2mm or 5mm?

joe
    it depends on the person really. when they are nicely healed and a little loose then its time to stretch. you should never break the skin when stretching too,man it gets nasty...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭thafitz

sickle - with those expander thingies do you just gradually push them through over time to stretch your lobes?

exactly. simple to use too and you save on multiple trips to piercer. works out way cheaper in the long run as you only have to buy the one piece to get started and then buy a nice finished piece when you have reached desired size.

Advertisement