Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CD Player not turning on with egnition

Options
  • 14-01-2005 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone has experience with CD players and the sort....
    Bought a Fiat Punto for the girlfriend last August and since we've had it the radio does not turn on with the egnition. I got a new CD player for Christmas, and with using the same connectors it still does the same. Does anyone have any suggestions... I take it that it is just one of the wire going to the wrong place, but when you don't have a clue.... Don't want to blow the feckin' thing up

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Check your fuses mate thats all it sounds like
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I think there is an extra wire for linking the ignition to the radio, if it is not attached then the head unit will still work, but you will have to press the power button. This should not be happening if the head unit is the factory fit one that came with the car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭KeithMur

Thanks I'll try it in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

KeithMur wrote:
    .... the radio does not turn on with the ignition.

You mean when you turn off the ignition with the radio playing,
    the radio doesn't start playing again when you turn the ignition back on?
    Or does the radio keep playing until you turn it off?

It does sound like your radio is not connected to the ignition power (IGN+12v) wire.

Make & Model of radio?

Have a look at this, this and this to see if there any help to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭KeithMur

Hi Fellas

Just to let you know, I took your advice and had a good hard look at it, but still couldn't find the problem. Then I said feck it, what difference does it make that she has to turn the thing on and off. She drives a Punto 99 and I know some one else that has one and the same thing happens to them, so maybe there's a reason for it.

Thanks again for all your help and sorry for wasting your time

Keith

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Your car does not have an ignition wire. If you want to turn the radio on/off when turn the ignition you need to find a feed in the fuse box and bring it at the back of the radio then connect it to the red wire (bottom block - top left).

your problem is common to Fiat, Audi, etc..

Advertisement