Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems installing Eircom BB on Win98..

• 14-01-2005 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,961 ✭✭✭✭

Bought a wireless router from Eircom last week so i have no need for my existing Netopia Cayman 3341 modem.

Am trying to use it to install Broadband on my girlfriend's old computer (for her father). But it only has Windows 98.

The phone line is BB enabled as my girlfriend currently has it on her own computer.

Connected the modem successfully... but when i went into the configuration. It had my information (username etc) in it. So i reset the factory settings. And the status of DSL on the main configuration page is 'Waiting For DSL' in yellow.

Performed Diagnostics on it and got:

Check USB Lan Connect : PASS
    Check DSL Synchronisation : FAIL

And everything else was 'SKIPPED'

Anybody have any ideas on what to do next?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 shane_dan

check to see if the dsl synch light is on?
    check without splitters and make sure you are connecting to the main phone point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,961 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, DSL-Light is flashing.

I've aborted the plan anyways because it affected the broadband connection on the girlfriend's computer also. Gave the same DSL status of 'Waiting for DSL' for her. But disconnected the modem on the old computer and her Net is working fine... and that's more important anyways.

Thanks anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

The phone line is BB enabled as my girlfriend currently has it on her own computer

Are you trying to use both the Eircom wireless modem/router and another broadband modem on the same phoneline?
    If you are it won't work. Only one BB modem can be used at a time on one phoneline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,961 ✭✭✭✭Basq

kaizersoze wrote:
    Are you trying to use both the Eircom wireless modem/router and another broadband modem on the same phoneline?
    If you are it won't work. Only one BB modem can be used at a time on one phoneline.
    Yeah, was trying to use the two modems but realised that when i installed the second one, it was affecting the first one... so aborted the plans!

Told girlfriend's father to buy the the wireless router for €50 and i'll hook the two computers up to that.

Advertisement