Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colin Farrell

• 14-01-2005 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

I just saw Colin Farrell on the Late Late Show - does anyone else think he looks really like Kevin from Coronation Street with his new moustache?? :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

But he has a really big willy so he can get away with that sorta stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i thought he looked a bit like a scag addict meself, but that might just be for some part he's in. just caught the end of it anyway, so didn't really hear anything about anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Looks and talks like a total spanner. I found it funny that every time pat kenny asked him a semi-serious question he kept his hand over his mouth when he was answering. What the hell was with that?
    Oh yeah, and I just loved his pro-gay speech on 'love is love' or something to that effect. Jesus, he's really doing the PR thing there, you can tell the movie was a load of arse.
    Oh yeah, on the other hand I seen Bridget Jones 2 in the cinema and thought it was a hoot. Maybe he should get into drag and see if that works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭mad m

Was it just me lads or did it look like it was pre-recorded?Seemed to cut to things as if it was edited.

Yeah, but he'll always be remembered for the classic like...

"It's bleedin delish" (brown sauce in tea)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭mmm12

yeah , i thought exactly that,it was defo edited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

anyone know if hes on johnny ross on bbc? that'd be worth watching for the slaggings alone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Dunno about the editing - you'd have thought RTE would edit/bleep out the f-words if it was prerecorded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

At least he appears to have dropped the "authentic" Dublin accent and acknowledged his Castleknock roots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Evilution wrote:
    his pro-gay speech
    Evilution wrote:
    you can tell the movie was a load of arse.
    Was this choice of words on purpose? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Cathy wrote:
    I just saw Colin Farrell on the Late Late Show - does anyone else think he looks really like Kevin from Coronation Street with his new moustache?? :p

Haha, so true.

He's the type of smarmy Dublin guy foreign women go wild for but Irish women can't stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Miles

All arrows point to "Spanner."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Cathy wrote:

i have been saying this for at leat the last 3 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

is_that_so wrote:
    At least he appears to have dropped the "authentic" Dublin accent and acknowledged his Castleknock roots.

There's a difference?

HOWAYAAAAAAAW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Yah I noticed that it seemed like there was some editing going on there as well. Twas funny when he started going on about "riding every day for four months in Morocco and for two months in Thailand" and everyone started laughing - and then Pat said "which brings me onto Angelina Jolie", heh :D

And what was the deal with him putting his hand over his mouth all the time, could barely hear him some of the time, the tool! I also thought his speech on South East Asia came out a bit wrong at some parts, like when he started off saying "good will come out of it" - thought it was in bad taste. But then he tried to back-track and correct it.

Oh and he said he preferred Irish women to American women coz he's never had a relationship in America (that's coz he's trying to work his way through the entire female population of the states!) lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

mad m wrote:
    Was it just me lads or did it look like it was pre-recorded?Seemed to cut to things as if it was edited.

Yeah I noticed that too. I thought it was a good interview. I like Colin Farrell alot because what you see is what you get with him. He doesn't be all fake towards the media like most actors are and he comes across as a very likable person with a great sense of humour in his interviews.

In all and anyways, did ya see Phone Box?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Doctor Benway

tinkerbell wrote:
    And what was the deal with him putting his hand over his mouth all the time, could barely hear him some of the time, the tool! I also thought his speech on South East Asia came out a bit wrong at some parts, like when he started off saying "good will come out of it" - thought it was in bad taste. But then he tried to back-track and correct it.

I think it was pretty clear that he was coked off his t*ts, with the fidgeting, and the eyes going all over the place, and the mouth running faster than the brain could keep up.

(Of course, it's possible that everyone comes across that way, when put next to Pat Kenny: the man with the three-toed sloth of a personality).

It definitely looked edited as well. The shots of the audience were particularly weird, and their reaction seemed very stilted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

is_that_so wrote:
    Yeah he's smart you see. He knows he's been criticised for that over here, so whenever he comes in contact with Irish media, his accent becomes normal. I noticed that on an fm104 interview several years ago.
    Whereas in the states it's part of his identity, it promotes his couldn't give a rats arse image and gets him noticed.
    You know how americans are..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

It definately had a feel of being edited - might be down to a new director showing audience reactions for some stupid reason - but there were definately a few moments when it had that unnaturallly short pause between a question and an answer you get with bad editing.

And I could swear there was one moment when Colin Farrell had his hand to his mouth for a close up shot and when they went to the wide shot his hand was on the arm of the chair...

And the audience laughter sounded terrible - either they're not miking the audience properly or they were adding canned laughter over it.

I'll be vidcapping the repeat....

Hate the way The Panel is edited now too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Did anyone else think his accent has changed a bit though...? He doesnt seem to have such a dublin accent anymore. Maybe its just me?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Well according to the radio it was definately taped earlier and edited as Colin Farrell was in Thailand yesterday. They interviewed him when he was over last week and poor ol' Pat had to remember to wear the same suit for last night's show as he did for the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭dundealgan

Slightly off topic here, and not sure if this is widely known, but here goes...

Colin Farrell is a tosser, although somebody out there must like him! When 'alexander' premiered in the savoy in dublin last week, the rules were bent for him.... he was allowed to smoke in the cinema! I dont think this would happen for many other 'stars'! Maybe there are people out there who think this is ok, but personally, i dont think there should be one set of rules for us, and another set for the rich guy!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Well according to the radio it was definately taped earlier and edited as Colin Farrell was in Thailand yesterday. They interviewed him when he was over last week and poor ol' Pat had to remember to wear the same suit for last night's show as he did for the interview.

Poor ol' pat /me mutters :rolleyes: ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Ms Beanbag

If it was edited, why was the odd swear word still broadcast?! doesnt make sense..
    cr@p RTE, probably just wanted to make the interview more authentic. wat BS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Ms Beanbag wrote:
    If it was edited, why was the odd swear word still broadcast?! doesnt make sense..
    cr@p RTE, probably just wanted to make the interview more authentic. wat BS.

A rubbish attempt at making it NOT look edited?

Or is that giving RTE too much credit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

dundealgan wrote:
    . he was allowed to smoke in the cinema! I dont think this would happen for many other 'stars'! Maybe there are people out there who think this is ok, but personally, i dont think there should be one set of rules for us, and another set for the rich guy!!

That's disgraceful! What an eejit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

simu wrote:
    That's disgraceful! What an eejit!
    Seen Ed Byrne do this (before the smoking ban) was part of the act! Fair Play - no complaints! No way Farrell should be allowed this imho! Yeah - what a ****in eejit! One law for him - one law for us :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 jimmy rodgers

I really like colin farrell and heres the reason why...........

My surname is farrell too and I lived in England for a while. Dealing with people over the phone they would always be like:

them:"whats your surname please?"

me:"farrell"

them:"could you spell that please?"....

(i think you can see where this is going!)

since the advent of colin farrell as a global phenomenon, all has changed. I was over for the weekend lately and since english people dont realise what a common surname farrell is over here, this exact situation happened to me twice:

them:"whats your surname please?"

me:"farrell"

them (immediate surge of recognition and girlish glee): "youre not related to colin farrell are you?"

me: (coy smile) "maybe!....."

Its absolutely amazing....any other farrells find this happening to them?

Advertisement