Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi Carisma wiring radio diagram

Options
  • 14-01-2005 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

:(

i need help i bought a Mitsubishi Carisma 1997 and went to change the radio for a nice sony cd player with mp3 (50% off everything for the rest of the week in the motor store blanch) and i went to take the old radio out and some one distroryed all the wiring there are two elec wiring blocks and wires going every where i know the 12v and earth and 12v form the key but the rest and the speakers are all mixed up any one have a link or any ideas

thanks

wayne

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

well ok you need a +12v cable a ground cable, and maybe an always live cable for memory, a mute for mobile phone, these will all tend to be heavy seperate cables, speaker cables tend to be in pairs, like a 2 strand ribbon, usualy one striped. You can use a 1.5 volt a battery across these to identify speakers, giving an audible click. If you get it wrong 1.5 v can't damage anything. If you need more help give me more details .

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭waynesworld

could you use a muilt meter on the speakers and if so how

even the speaker cables are mixed up , a real mess

yup, put the multimeter in ohms range (resistance) and use the twin probes to probe pairs of wires.(again the speaker cables will be smaller). An audible click should be heard in a speaker as you match up it's pair. At this point I have to say the cables may have bee'n extended. It's worth chasing them behind the dash untill you find the manufacturers cables, cause as I said the speaker cables will be riboned in pairs.

I am back to the manufacturers cables but there all in a tight bunch i'll strip the wires back and see whats under , but i have to say i don't think much of the 12v wires there not that heavy , thanks for the help :D

• Advertisement

the last bit of info i can give you is, the audio cables tend to be grey. I am no expert on this just years of changing radio/ cd players. hey i owned cars when the heater was an extra never mind stereo's

Advertisement