Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox - Xecuter 2.6 problem

Options
  • 14-01-2005 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Evening all,
    I have installed an Xecuter 2.6 in my 1.4 xbox. Im getting 1 blue led on the card and all leds on the switch.
    But when i boot, the card isnt kicking in at all it just keeps going to the normal xbox screen.

I have followed the guides for a 2.6/3.0 wire install on www.thechipshop.info (where I bought the card).
    I have tried using wire/pin header/ Xapter(solderless) install with no joy.

I have searched high and low for a solution to this and i have checked my soldering and resoldered anyway.

How many leds should the 2.6 have? I read that the Xectutor 3 has 2.

Has anyone any advice here?

Im really stumped.

Cheers
    Wavey

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

i have the 3...when u say about the LED's do you mean on the little ..control panel thing u stick on the front thats blue when the chips active and red when it aint (or is the 2.6 diff)

i got the big blue/red one then 1 for lan and 1 for hdd...no others

if that helps sorry i dunno i got someone else to do it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Do you have a programmer?
    Flash the chip with two BIOSs, the Evo M8 should do it, plus one other.

The Cromwell isn't up to much afaik.

Are you sure you're reading from the correct bank?
    Do you have the d0 pin soldered?

If the LEDs are showing up (LAN, HDD etc.) you should be fine from a hardware point of view.
    I'd say the problem lies with the BIOS you have on the chip.

I installed a x2.6 in a v1.6B crystal box recently, worked perfectly, was a proper solder socket/pin install with the LPC bus rebuild.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Resolder again and again and again.

You should power on by tapping the main power button quickly, and the led should go blue (on my x3 anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

if u havent found the problem yet pm elmer, he is super in this stuff so. and wat does afaik mean?

Flunked

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

As Far As I Know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Cheers lads,
    After a bit of research I figured it was the d0 that was the problem. The chip wasnt sending a gnd signal to it, so I soldered the d0 directly to earth so that it always boots from the Modchip. That sorted it.

Wavey

Soldered d0 to earth? I've never heard of this, doesn't it have to be soldered to that tiny horrible trace to the right of the rest of the wires?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Ciaran,
    I connected that tiny d0 solderpad on the motherboard to ground. This is what the modchip does at startup to force the xbox to bootfrom the LPC. But for some reason my chip wasnt doing it.

Ahhh, now it all makes sense, it really does.

Advertisement