Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new phones and vodafone live

Options
  • 15-01-2005 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

does it take a few days for new phones to be able to access vodafone live and mms messaging or should they all be able to do it immediately

Comments

Vodafone are notorious for "forgetting" to enable MMS on new phones and SIM packs.

It might take up to 72 hours for Vodafone Live to work properly but if your MMS doesn't work either then its most likely that GPRS isn't enabled on the account and you'll have to call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Dont listen to the above statement.. It's pretty much nonsence..

If you are having problems, just give their customer care a call and assuming there is no specific problem, you should be up and running within 5 minutes..

It would also be wise to check that settings on the handset are correct.

Ugh, you're trolling here.

I quoted from my own experience. A Vodafone rep told me that it might take 72 hours to get Vodafone Live to show up, and I've seen countless phones with no GPRS enabled, my brother's Motorola V525 on billpay was the same at first, no GPRS icon showed up on it. Got my sister a SIM pack at Christmas and GPRS was dead until I called them to enable it.

Yes, I might despise Vodafone but I certainly don't lie to someone if they need advice. Sometimes I might be misinformed, but I'll happily accept corrections.

It does not take 72 hours to get Vodafone Live enabled on your handset.. The only requirements for Vodafone Live are that your handset is configured correctly and that you have access to the relevent APN for PS access or the abilty to make data calls for CS access. Once this has been granted, the user should be advised to power off and on their handset and they should be able to access it immediately.. The only delay that may occur (from memory) is when accessing the Java Games section for the first time..

Regarding your brothers V525. Was this was purchased and the new handset registered on Vodafone's systems, his configuration on the network should have been updated to reflect his new handsets abilities? There is the odd, very rare, occassion whereby the updated is not successful. This takes 5 minutes to resolve once the customer notifies customer care of the problem.

Regarding your sisters Sim Pack. I am not 100% whether these are enabled for GPRS out of the box but again it takes 5 minutes to fix once you call them..

You say that you called them to enable it.. Did it take 72 hours before your family members were able to access Vodafone Live?

The same applies to MMS by the way. Access to the appropriate APNs is required and the customer must be configured on the MMSC.. This would take 5 minutes to update also..

• Advertisement

I'll be humane about this, no need for a war, lol.

I was with Vodafone for a short while and was getting an error that I didn't have a Live device. The rep told me that Vodafone Live would come online in 24 hours with the Java Games taking 72 hours (which is why I said 72 hours above). But the real cause was that I had a Motorola V300, so it never worked on the system.
    I've never seen for myself if it takes time for Vodafone Live to work, when I got my new V550 it worked out of the box. I just relayed what I was told.

My brother could access Vodafone Live through CSD but not GPRS. The phone was bought as a new connection to the Talk and Text tarriff, it wasn't an upgrade. He got me to call them since he didn't know what to say. They just kept sending me GPRS settings, eventually I convinced the rep that all the settings were there and she enabled GPRS on the account.

My mother also got a Sharp GX10i in a Ready to Go pack new pack, she was provisioned for GPRS but not the MMSC, which needed another call. My dad has no GPRS either, but he's using an Eircell SIM in a Nokia 3310 so that explains why.

I understand that maybe the reason why GPRS/MMS wouldn't be provisioned on standalone SIM packs is in case the SIM is used in a phone that doesn't support GPRS, so the person will receive an SMS message if the phone can't accept MMS.

The problems you experienced are down to someone not going there job as well as they should be.. The problems you experienced should have been fixed immediately..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

The same applies to MMS by the way. Access to the appropriate APNs is required and the customer must be configured on the MMSC.. This would take 5 minutes to update also..

more accurate to use the word should - what with it taking months to get MMS enabled for one Ready To Go mobile here

and lay off the troll-like opening to your posts...

Throll like...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

more accurate to use the word should - what with it taking months to get MMS enabled for one Ready To Go mobile here

and lay off the troll-like opening to your posts...

I got a Vodafone Nokia 3220 upgrade pack over the christmas.
    I took the sim from my old phone (nokia 3310, about 39 months old), popped it in, powered it on.

I was browsing within seconds.

• Advertisement

Throll like...

hi, it has been highlighted to you on many separate occasions to lay off the less than friendly / troll-like openings when replying to other's posts

it's unfortunate you need to be reminded again, please take note as you will be breaking the forum rules/guidelines by continuing

SyxPak wrote:
    I got a Vodafone Nokia 3220 upgrade pack over the christmas.
    I took the sim from my old phone (nokia 3310, about 39 months old), popped it in, powered it on.

I was browsing within seconds.

hi, i was highlighting a situation i experienced where it took months to get a SIM set up for MMS with them

hi, it has been highlighted to you on many separate occasions to lay off the less than friendly / troll-like openings when replying to other's posts

it's unfortunate you need to be reminded again, please take note as you will be breaking the forum rules/guidelines by continuing

i don't know what you are talking about..

i don't know what you are talking about..

ok let me refresh your memory, for example you were PMed about it on different occasions around April and Sept 2004. It was outlined to you that posts should just be helpful, good natured and on-topic, and together with this forum's rules/guidelines should offer enough guidance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement