Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIN song query

Options
  • 15-01-2005 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

A song an old acquaintance of mine used to play was a certain Nine Inch Nails track that had Trent Rezner (sp) screaming the whole way through it. It was, like, one big long scream, not his usual short screams.

Anyone know what the song is called? Or are there loads of them? I don't know NIN that well bar the downward spiral.

Incidentally if you like Hurt from that album - check out Johnny Cash's version of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Gordon wrote:
    A song an old acquaintance of mine used to play was a certain Nine Inch Nails track that had Trent Rezner (sp) screaming the whole way through it. It was, like, one big long scream, not his usual short screams

My first, and probably best guess, is 'Happiness in Slavery' from the Broken EP. Good mini-album that. That said, my second guess would be 'Wish' from the same album.
    After that, maybe 'Ruiner' or 'Heresy' from The Downward Spiral.
    Any idea what the lyrics are???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Ziggy-Stardust

I agree with Evilution, it's most likely "Happiness in Slavery" or "Wish". Broken's a pretty screamy min-album.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Screams the whole way through? Maybe "The Downward Spiral" off the album of the same name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

I agree with Evilution...

Thats a first for anyone on this website :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Robbo wrote:
    Screams the whole way through? Maybe "The Downward Spiral" off the album of the same name?
    I think that fits the bill, although the remix on Further Down the Spiral would be even more apt. The remix of eraser (can't remember the name, track 6) on that album is also in the same line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Isn't there a mostly instrumental track off the Fragile that has Trent kind of screaming through it? It's on the live dvd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

Is'nt there a mostly instrumental track of the Fragile that has Trent kind of screaming through it.It's on the live DVD.....

You're thinking of Complication, one of the better instrumental song from The
    Fragile. Possibly the catchest NIN songs in my opinion, great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Haha, this thread is a great advertisement for NIN. 10 different songs that just have Trent screaming the whole way through

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Sounds like "The Downward Spiral" to me.

Fozzy wrote:
    Haha, this thread is a great advertisement for NIN. 10 different songs that just have Trent screaming the whole way through

Goes to show the music worth's listening to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Cool, I'll check out the non downward spiral stuff as I'm sure it's not on that album.

Thanks for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

John2 wrote:

Damn Straight!

StarF*ckers gets my vote anyways! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

It smells like "The Downward Spiral". Big long screams the whole way through, C'mon!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

while we're on the subject, may 2nd is the release date for "with teeth", according to some record label guy (the date is for europe)

looking forward to that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

Can't wait to hear With Teeth,strange Album title, hopefully an Irish date on the tour!!!

if not I'm off to London

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

John2 wrote:

It does indeed, although I can't help wondering what people who haven't heard NIN would think while reading this thread.

And then what they'd think having heard them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Anarking

Numina wrote:
    It smells like "The Downward Spiral". Big long screams the whole way through, C'mon!
    What the hell are you talking baout, he almosts whispers that song.

The song in question is probably Happiness In Slavery though.

I think he was talking about the whole album, not the song

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Ok listening to it now I know what you mean, But the part where it gets heavy is all long screams in one vocal and another vocal is whispers. but now that 'The Downward Spiral' is off my list I'm all out of Idea's.

But I know Its not Happiness In Slavery, at the 41st second, that is not screaming

Advertisement