Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motornet.ie Forum gone

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I've survived too lads, although I've been living a bit of a double life on this site for a while ! What am I suppsed to do now during my regular tea breaks :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

Hi all,

Yes you can't get rid of me.

I was in Vegas last week, came back to find MotorNet gone!

I don't think it's got anything to do with libel etc. Seems like an easy answer to me. I reckon it's just not viable for them.

I had been frequenting Motornet since about 1998.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

unkel wrote:
    *and just after verifying, seamus, huh?*
    What, you don't think I'm good enough? :p

No, I'm category mod, I don't do any real modding on this forum.

I think sub-forums for different areas here would be cool. This forum has always been busy, but no one subject has ever really dominated the board. Perhaps now this will start to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Having said that I do believe the recent influx of classic car fans and MX5 drivers may have had something to do with the closure.

WTF's driving an MX5 got to do with a Forum going offline? :confused:

That said, welcome guys (and gals, of course).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

We can only assume that TCM didn't want to be associated with little gay cars, an extreme measure, but c'mon.. who could blame them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Paul (MN) wrote:

QUOTE]

Las Vegas last week...... Hmmmmm. Visiting Cons. Electronics Show (CES), perchance?.
    Or looking for a quiet place in the desert to retire some retired Dub. Bus/Taxi drivers?.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Big Blue by any chance?

528i wrote:
    We can only assume that TCM didn't want to be associated with little gay cars, an extreme measure, but c'mon.. who could blame them.

Good point, I suppose: mine puts a smile on my face every time I drive it! :D:p

What's he drive, as matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ambro25 wrote:
    What's he drive, as matter of interest?

M5

Nice shifter, but a fat ass - and a roof :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Ken McCarthy

Pearse et al,

I am still alive and yes I have developed some dealer websites, not sure about the South West reference though.

I did think it was sad that the forums on MotorNET.ie have closed down as I reckon that was about the only remaining part of the current site that I could claim to still have put in place.

My reply on the excellent octane.ie goes in to a bit more detail on the history of the forums, but I guess between here and there their spirit will live on.

Pearse drop me a pm or an email to anything at kenmccarthy.net if you still want to get in touch.

Regards

Ken McCarthy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Advertisement