Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT on limo

Options
  • 15-01-2005 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I want to import a new stretch lincoln from North America. What are the classifications for commerical and is a limo considered commerical. Rang lots of deptments today and noone could tell me. Why am I not surprised.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Limos in Ireland (in commercial use) pay the same the same road tax as taxis/hackneys - currently circa €240 p.a.

As regards VRT, I'd imagine it's a somewhat grey area.
    One the one hand if it was classed as commercial the VRT would only be €40,
    but if it's classed as a private vehicle, the VRT would be much higher.

Revenue HQ in Rosslare should be able to give you an exact quote re the VRT payable ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

As far as I know in ireland a limo is a public service vehicle (psv) like a taxi and is exempt from most duties. but then whatta I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

As far as i know its classed as a car so its 30 percent of irish retail value

Advertisement