Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia (wired) and Linksys (wireless)

• 15-01-2005 1:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have the netopia dsl modem (eircom default) and I got a Linksys WRT54G wireless router/switch. But I can't seem to get the two to work together.

Here's what I have so far
    1. DSL modem has ip address of 192.168.1.254
    2. Linksys has ip address of 192.168.1.1
    3. DHCP disabled on DSL modem.
    4. Routing table on Linksys shows 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 as having gateway of 192.168.1.254

Yet I can't get ont he internet with my laptop (connected wirelessly, getting it's address of the Linksys via DHCP). Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

I just setup these two the other day, enable the bridge mode on your modem, i think it's called WAN bridge mode, this means that you do not enter your broadband user name on your modem but on your router. On the router change the connection to PPPOE and enter your Broaband user name and password, should work ok then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I have the same set up as you,I didnt change anything in the Netopia but had to change the last digit of 'Starting IP Address ' of router set up on first page to 2 (think it was 100)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

center15 wrote:
    I just setup these two the other day, enable the bridge mode on your modem, i think it's called WAN bridge mode, this means that you do not enter your broadband user name on your modem but on your router. On the router change the connection to PPPOE and enter your Broaband user name and password, should work ok then.

Cheers. Posting from the laptop now :D

Advertisement