Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hungry Rats

Options
  • 15-01-2005 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Mate of mine has a 01 Renault Laguna II Super Sport. Expensive enough car when it was bought new. Some light on the dashboard turned on 2 days ago so she took it to the garage. It turns out Rats had eaten some of the wiring! When I found out I thought the rats had eaten some wires around the engine but no, the rats had some how eaten their way to the side panel in the boot. All the foam and wiring behind the panal was eaten.
    Here's the best part. The garage said the rat could be still be in the body of the car somewhere. She had to drive it home knowing that a rat could be in the car. The garage told her to park it up until they got a temporary replacement car. She can't drive it because if the rats eat anymore cables the airbags could just pop out!
    I'll post pics if I get a chance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

:eek: Frightening BLOODY FRIGHTENING :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Just a thought, could you get someone with a ferret(or snake) to get the rat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Pataman wrote:
    :eek: Frightening BLOODY FRIGHTENING :eek:

On so many levels

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Pataman wrote:

LOL losing a ferret and a rat in the car would just be class. On the other hand apart when it would be parked up I can't see a rat managing to hide in a car if u searched it. The prob would be stopping the rat going back in. Funny little things tho. Amazing what they can chew through isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Pataman wrote:
    <Rolf H>
    I know an old woman who swallowed a fly...
    </Rolf H>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

power hose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Christ, it's like driving a timebomb..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cant wait to se the picture of a startled rat with mouthful of foam! :D

rat_car.gif

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

//shudders