Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ShockFlyers

Options
  • 15-01-2005 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hello,anybody here got one of those infamous shockflyers?
    I was thinking about getting on in from the states to save a bit of money,was wondering would they be worth all the bother. Also whats the story with these lithium(ion)(Polymer) battery packs could i use a small nicd pack instead?

Thanks,
    Hakko

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Hello,anybody here got one of those infamous shockflyers?
    I was thinking about getting on in from the states to save a bit of money,was wondering would they be worth all the bother. Also whats the story with these lithium(ion)(Polymer) battery packs could i use a small nicd pack instead?

Thanks,
    Hakko
    Shockflyer
    Great indoors, but it needs NO wind. Only in flat calm outdoors. But VERY good indoors. there are many lookalikes that fly equally well as Shockflyer.
    LiPo
    The guys with liPo swear by them, but I don't want a battery that if I crash & damage it, it can burn my plane up. Or my house.
    Nicad & Nimh can fly my models for 10 - 20 minutes no problem & cost 1/4 the cost of LiPo.
    I don't think this technology is sorted out yet, and there seems to be an improvement every six weeks. Obsolescence is almost instant.
    Coolwings
    Who is still waiting for the fireproofing & crash resistance of LiPo to improve just a little more before buying...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

...I was thinking about getting on in from the states to save a bit of money...
    I haven't checked but I would expect that if you save maybe 2 dollars on the model, then pay transatlantic freight and customs and vat these models would cost MORE from the states than from Ireland or Europe.
    They are made in Europe and we are nearer the maker than any US hobby seller can be. :)

Advertisement