Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What happened to the Jordans?

• 14-03-2000 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

I started to watch the Formula 1 on Sunday and was overcome by a major desire to doze - I think its got something to do with all that whizzing around on a circular track....
    at that time the Jordans were doing really well 2nd and 4th place.
    Anyway I woke up to see Ferrari take 1st and 2nd and Williams/BMW take 3rd place on the podium - question is what happened? I live in hope that the Jordans will some day win the F1 competition.

To Infinity and Beyond!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

Gearbox problems ....
    Trulli's went on fire and Frenz's just gave up !!!!!

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Taken from http://www.f1-live.com/GB/ :

Benson and Hedges Jordan led today's Australian Grand Prix in a strong showing of its competitiveness before Heinz-Harald Frentzen and Jarno Trulli were forced to retire their Jordan Mugen-Honda EJ10s.

Heinz-Harald Frentzen and Jarno Trulli had an ultimately disappointing day with Frentzen losing the chance of taking second place when a hydraulic leak, and not, as first suspected, a gear box problem, forced him to retire. His race ended shortly after a long pit stop in which he had been delayed by a jammed fuel nozzle.

"I am really disappointed with this result as I was in a strong position and could have finished on the podium," said Frentzen. "At least we have discovered the problem was caused by a hydraulic leak, so it will be easy to rectify."

Jarno Trulli, running a one stop strategy like his team mate, was battling for third place when he suffered a broken exhaust which caused the engine to fail, leading to his retirement on the 36th lap.
    "I made a very good start but unfortunately I was stopped by Schumacher and Barrichello and I wasn't able to move up from sixth," said Trulli after his debut race with the Jordan team. "I was comfortably following Barrichello and Heinz-Harald for the majority of the race. Then, several laps after the Safety Car had gone in, I had a problem with the exhaust, which lead to the end of my race. The car is potentially very good, we just need to improve the reliability."

www.csn.ul.ie/~osiris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

DOh !!!!!
    oh well .. at least i went on what i heard not because i work for the blomming team !!

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭tr1n1ty

Thanks folks - I think I get the picture - Fizz, bang, wollap, Jordans out!

But there is hope -an easy fixed leak.......

I'll be away for the south american Grand Prix - this could be our moment of glory and I won't see it - well maybe there would be a pub close by to watch.......hmmmm...... betta check that out.

Keep me posted.

Jordans to win in 2000 !!

To Infinity and Beyond!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

G'wan Jordan smile.gif

- Munch
    - Visit The Fortress

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

hmm my post was going to say that theres two south american gps but after lookin at my dates argentina isnt there.. good riddance i say .. piece of broing **** track anyway smile.gif

Jordan for some reason are using carbon-fibre gearboxes, while not their official reason for retiring its a major concern for them.

anyway FIM world championship has started back woohoo

Advertisement