Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When's the second grant payment

Options
  • 15-01-2005 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

for Galway? NUIG doesn't have it yet, but they have most of the other counties...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

Any news on this? I just got a letter confirming I'm going to get the grant (would have came in handy in September when I had to actually pay fees, rent, etc...). But it says it's going to be paid in 3 installments - one each semester. I'm supposed to get €2,945 plus "lecture fees". So will that be €2945 plus the €750 registration fee?
    Anybody know when I'll actually get my cheque and will my first one be for the first two installments and the fees? I've tried rining Galway County Council about it, got through to the Higher Education Grants department, but they weren't able to help me at all. Just said to keep looking out for notices around college.... I'm in NUIG by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I got mine last Tuesday, you should go to Aras Uí Chathaill or whatever that building is called and get it on Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

Demeant0r wrote:
    I got mine last Tuesday, you should go to Aras Uí Chathaill or whatever that building is called and get it on Monday

Yeah, the letter I got said the cheques should be available "within 3 weeks" of receiving the letter. So do I just go into AUC and there's a big box f cheques to give out, or would I have to wait awhile? I'll find out tomorrow anyway I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I think they'd stop giving out the cheques in that room by then, you should go to the fees office in three weeks.

Advertisement