Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trials

• 15-01-2005 4:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

hey, I want to try out iol,utv and eircom for a week or two each to find out who has the best pings available for me, and I was wondering if it's true that after you take eircom's trial you can't take any other trials? if that's true, is it the same other way around? like if you try iol first? then utv? then eircom?

also can you please tell me what is the catches with each of them? they are defenatelly not going to catch me with the time, cause I will be cancelling really soon, but there might be other things that they might try? like Infini says eircom's hidden charges?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

CyberGhost wrote:
    hey, I want to try out iol,utv and eircom for a week or two each to find out who has the best pings available for me, and I was wondering if it's true that after you take eircom's trial you can't take any other trials? if that's true, is it the same other way around? like if you try iol first? then utv? then eircom?

also can you please tell me what is the catches with each of them? they are defenatelly not going to catch me with the time, cause I will be cancelling really soon, but there might be other things that they might try? like Infini says eircom's hidden charges?

Unfortunately, I read in the terms and conditions of the broadband offer that you cant get a free trial if you've already had your phoneline enabled with DSL in the past. Probably to prevent freeloaders from migrating from one free trial to the next. Pity though.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

bah that stinks, gonna go with eircom then :(

Thanks Infini.

CyberGhost wrote:
    bah that stinks, gonna go with eircom then :(

Thanks Infini.

If you are gonna go with them and you have the money you might as well get the Buisness Enhanced package if you stay with them. 2MB connection, unlimited downloads and uploads and NO THROTTLING at 169 yoyo's. Ain't cheap but at least you could get your damn good moneysworth out of tyhe package. Besides with the way things are going for them right now they'll probably drop the charges to a more lower level with the increased competition in the BB sector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

169 my friend is without VAT, with VAT it comes out to 204 euro, hehe, that's a little bit too much for me to handle now.

On the other hand though....
    dr.evil.jpg
    I can put it on my friend's company name and I won't have to pay VAT anymore, 169 per month hmm....I'll have to calculate my expenses vs my income.

CyberGhost wrote:
    169 my friend is without VAT, with VAT it comes out to 204 euro, hehe, that's a little bit too much for me to handle now.

On the other hand though....
    dr.evil.jpg
    I can put it on my friend's company name and I won't have to pay VAT anymore, 169 per month hmm....I'll have to calculate my expenses vs my income.

I know what you mean.

• Advertisement
Advertisement