Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monsanto the new MS?

Options
  • 15-01-2005 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

This isn't something I often hear about on the news when GM crops/food is discussed.
    Should the EU even consider allowing foreign companies to sell GM food if this is their MO...much less enforce MS like "license agreements".

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/0115-04.htm
    In an interview with IPS, a company spokesperson said Monsanto was well within its rights to enforce patent laws. "Monsanto has never sued a farmer who unknowingly planted our seeds," said Chris Horner.

When asked how the company differentiates between intentional and unintentional use Horner said: "You can tell just by looking at field."
    Monsanto has a budget of 10 million dollars and a staff of 75 devoted solely to investigating and prosecuting farmers, the report said.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

patenting food and seeds is much worse then software...

thank god the population is mostly against gm in europe and here... but the gov refuse to legal block gm from spreading to ireland

http://www.gmfreeireland.org/press/press17.php

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

chewy wrote:
    patenting food and seeds is much worse then software...

I think introducing GM organisms into the environment without being 100% DAMN sure of the effects is much, much worse than patenting food and seeds .....

And on that issue, I wouldn't trust Monsanto as far as I could piss after drinking 5 litres of very fizzy liquid.

Advertisement