Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bolton V Arsenal(will contain scores)

• 15-01-2005 6:10pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not quite sure if we have many Bolton supporters around here, but I can tell you that all us Man U supporters are behind you this evening.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Goal for Bolton.

Giannakopoulos 41mins.

Come on Bolton!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Jesus, Big Sam would get some money selling his "dossier" on Arsenal. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Guys, you're joking right?

Or is this dream true. :D

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Oh what a miss by pires. Header from 2 yards out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Should have been 1-1 Pires missing a great chance

Are you a Chelsea fan Brian017?

• Advertisement

What's the bloody score? The suspense is killing me.

I think he is a fellow Man U Supporter.

Brian, its still 1-0 to Bolton

Harry2001 wrote:
    Should have been 1-1 Pires missing a great chance

Are you a Chelsea fan Brian017?
    No. United

Bolton have Arsenal on the back foot. They are playing very well. That Arsenal keeper is very dodgey to say the least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Brian017 wrote:
    No. United

Must be Chelsea's title if Bolton win this one

• Advertisement

Yes but we can still catch the gooners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm up for Arsenal in this game, I really am.
    Its not enough pressure on chelsea if it looks like arsenal are slipping.
    Combined pressue is needed!

PHB wrote:
    I'm up for Arsenal in this game, I really am.
    Its not enough pressure on chelsea if it looks like arsenal are slipping.
    Combined pressue is needed!

I take your point, but if Arsenal keep matching Chelski, where does that leave us. In third place thats where. All we can do is worry about ourselves and once we pass Arsenal, we can then pressure them. There is no team better in the land when it comes to pressure than Man U.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Who's this Diouf playing for Bolton? He looks like a player. :D

The Muppet wrote:
    Who's this Diouf playing for Bolton. He looks like a player. :D

He's quiet handy when he's not spitting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Arsenal better not score in the last few mins.

4 mins injury time. Bolton are defending very well.

FT: Bolton 1 Arsenal O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

cricky! Nice one bolton.
    I guess its good that at least United are catching up on the top two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Brian017 wrote:
    What's the bloody score? The suspense is killing me.
    Eh, you do know your on the internet... ;)
    Who's this Diouf playing for Bolton? He looks like a player. :D
    Is he playing well? I've always rated him tbh. You can't write off a player playing out of position under Gerard Houllier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

houllier was great for liverpool the strides they made under him are there for all to see :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Wenger looked gutted at the final whistle :D

Can't believe how many times Diouf was offside though. Some of them looked very borderline, like the linesman was putting up his flag out of habbit!

eirebhoy wrote:

Is he playing well? I've always rated him tbh. You can't write off a player playing out of position under Gerard Houllier.

Agreed, I only saw the second half but he was good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Diof blows hot and cold but today he was good. Not a great performance by Gooners, but how did Pires miss that chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

mentally that loss against United has ****ed Arsenal big time , early in the season they were irresistable , but now , they seem like a team thats more battling for a Champions League place than the title .

they dont look like the team that went into their 50th game unbeaten i am surprised they still havent recovered yet, i thought they might go the distance but their form is way off the level needed to challenge chelsea

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Well done Bolton, great to see how Uniteds win over them have pulled the rug from under them, now such a great team now! Maybe they may do the back to back championships, not this year though, shame.

i still reckon they are a great team just not playing like one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Okocha and Diouf won that game for Bolton, both had an excellent game

Arsenal on the other hand were **** :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Extremely disappointing performance :(

It's even hard to single out any one player from the game as they were all so poor. The second half was one of the worst performances I've seen from Henry in an Arsenal shirt, but I'm not blaming him, at least he tried. I do feel sorry for him as he has been having a great season but his two musketeer buddies Pires and Vieira (who are vital) have been very, very poor. Two tabloids ran the story today that Real Madrid are interested in Vieira again, might be best to get rid of him while he still has value...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I think its worth considering how many Arsenal players are actually playing their first Premiership season this year - this is not the same side that won the league last year. At the back, there's Almunia and Hoyte from yesterday. Sol Campbell made the team yesterday, but he's missed a lot of games this season only to be replaced by that idiot Cygan, and the inexperienced Sendros. Pires' injuries and ilnesses have reduced him to about half the games he'd normally have started, to be replaced by Reyes. Fabregas has been deputising for Gilberto / Edu, and has occasionally had to play beside the equally-inexperienced Flamini. Ljungberg's absences have left opportunities for Jermaine Pennant to get into the team, which he hasn't taken so far. Up front, Bergkamp has finally started to fall down the pecking order, and Van Persie has taken his place.

On their own, each of these players is very talented and capable of enhancing a world-class team, but putting them all into the starting line-up has exposed some holes. I never thought I'd say I missed Gilberto, but his absolute consistency in cleaning up everything Vieira missed in the middle of the park is looking more and more essential in his absence. Pity he's out for the rest of the season.

What I think is scandalous though is Wenger's underestimation of our problems in the air. I remember way back after the 2-2 home draw with Bolton he said "Yes we have a problem in the air, but at least it is something that is easy to work on". Well, in that case he must have completely ignored the problem because it is still costing us goals aplenty against any kind of team. He's got a potentially world-class team at his disposal, and yet they have a weakness that allows any team from the likes of AC Milan down to Stoke City to score cheap goals against them at will. To leave that weakness unchecked is madness, but thats exactly what he has done.

When you look at the points we've dropped based on headed goals, its insane. PSV, Southampton, Chelsea, Bolton (twice), Panithanaikos... and the list goes on. Take back all those points, and you'd have a much more comfortable perspective on the Premiership, and the Champions League.

The embarrasing thing is that we've failed to beat West Brom, Southampton, Crystal Palace, and a Bolton team on an abysmal run so far this season. That simply isn't good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

well put

But They are the team that in the days before their first defeat of the season were being hailed as the greatest team ever to grace a football pitch. Their recent form inidicates that that is far from the truth. Don't get me wrong they are an excellent team but they have been over hyped for the first few monts of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I think people are still underestimating them. While no doubt Chelsea are the team to beat at the moment, Arsenal are still in touch. They are also still ahead of United, despite not playing particularly well and United being on great form.

It is only a matter of time before things start to go well again for them, and if they do I think it is them who can finish stronger than Chelsea. I wouldnt be surprised if a new signing was made to freshen things up, particularly if Gilberto gets ruled out for the rest of the season and Edu goes. The game on February 1st will be crucial though. Its a must win for them.

It is only a matter of time before things start to go well again for them,

There's that crystal ball of yours in action again. Who knows for sure what will happen in the future?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

The Muppet wrote:
    There's that crystal ball of yours in action again. Who knows for sure what will happen in the future?
    True. Its a bit outlandish for me to think Arsenal might again begin to show some of the form that they produced solidly for a year. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

But They are the team that in the days before their first defeat of the season were being hailed as the greatest team ever to grace a football pitch

Well you know the what the tabloids are like, you of all people should know this.

The title belongs to chelsea and there is nothing UTD or Aresnal can do about it im afraid but at least there is a strong posibilty that in years to come they will do a leeds on it when RA gets bored and leaves.

Fair play to JM though full credit to him, I think Wenger and Fergie underestimated him greatly.

On the match itself well if wenger doesnt see that he needs a new keeper then im a woman! A new CM and CB is also needed and not some 17 year old who may be good in the future i mean someone who is experienced and already proven.

There is big talk at the moment of Essien going to highbury and from what i heard he is the REAL deal. If vieria continues like that id rather to sell him off at a nice big profit cause at the moment he is hindering the development of this team.

In hindsight though Arsenal have been punching above there weight for a long long time, they simply cant compete on the transfer martker with Chelsea, Utd. Asburton Grove is also a hinderence but the new stadium is needed to stay competitve in the future. Its not all doom and gloom for Arsenal but there are some thing that needed to be fixed ASAP by Wenger

And there is the CL to come too [im optimistic] :)

jank wrote:
    Well you know the what the tabloids are like, you of all people should know this.

There was a fair bit of it going on here too a few months back but it seems to have stopped lately for some reason ;) .I think you were M.I.A at the time so you may not have been aware of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I was a P.O.W at the time alright :p
    but seriously though i aint one to be taken over by the hysterics of the media or others.

I know how good a team they are but a CL is needed to be great FULLSTOP.

Advertisement