Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nitelink Rant

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Kaiser2000 wrote:

If this "foreign driver" wasn't aware of the route then he shouldn't have been assigned to it in my opinion. Tho I'm sure you can't tell us, it'd be interesting to hear what the outcome of this chat in the depot was? More importantly, seeing as the driver in question was "100% in the wrong", has any action been taken against the driver AND to ensure that people who don't know where they're going aren't sent out in the future??

Well the driver in question knows the route I am sure of that.As for the outcome of this chat in the depot well I dont want to go into it to much but I will say if this was an Irish driver he would lose his job.But Dublin Bus being a semi state company they run a mile when a "issue" with a foreign driver pops up,most of the foreign lads are nice hard working people but the driver in question has had many many complaints made against him (some from other drivers).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

yup there has been a lot of issues with "foreign drivers",
    I have had them and so have freinds and family .
    From them not stopping when the bell is rung or pulling off when elderly lady was trying to get off and taking too much time.

Surely there are training course class or at least a check list that they drivers
    have to pass in order to be driving and dealing with the public and a time on probation?

The Drivers wear the uniform and drive the bus with the Dublin bus logo,
    they are where the public interacts most with the company semi state compay or not they should more aware of thier employees behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

i think its case of new and "foreign" drivers with maybe not great english, and over compensating for safety fears by the drivers

before christmas two people stepped onto bus at d'olier street and said to the driver in a very friendly way my friends are just coming( ie in about 30 seconds which they did) and before these first two people had even dropped the money into the the machine he drove off just as the rest of the group came to step on the bus... so the two people said stop stop, and the driver didn't, i think it was the very last nitelink too, it wasn't just ah well they'll have to get the next one, the two people wanted to get off the bus to join there friends and he just wouldn't stop... they were pleading with him at first and then banging the outer door "let us off" which he eventually he did?

everyone on the bus was thinking what an asshole....

i think some drivers are awful and was determind when I got off the bus I as going to say something to the guy

and when I was getting off I had the words half out of my mouth when I saw the driver was an extremely young looking north african, possibly morrocan,a kid, i wouldnt say man, so i realised the whole problem was because of the language barrier and obviously he was told only to ever stop at bus stops...so i didn't say anything to him cos he probably wouldn't understand me and he looked so young

--
    you can see that case the guy went to the sation probably cos he didn't know what was happening and thought he was being attacked but again he probably followed instrucions to protect his safety and not the passenger ie fellow human beings...

we all know that drivers get alot of **** and recently theres the driver that got pissed on and the lighting strike that followed but one has to think of the passengers safety too...

--
    the complaints system at dublin bus is non-existent too, it would probably help drivers if there was a better one, the driver could atleast note quickly complaints and tell the annoyed bus waiter that it will be passed on to management rather then "well there nothing i can do about it mate"

when they change the 31n route and amalgamated it with the 29n there was no notice or the driver didn't tell you so there was dozens of people coming down yelling the driver he gone the wrong way??? so again people could have been left walking down more roads then usual on their own...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Thaed wrote:
    yup there has been a lot of issues with "foreign drivers",
    I have had them and so have freinds and family .
    From them not stopping when the bell is rung or pulling off when elderly lady was trying to get off and taking too much time.

Come on, that sort of thing is rife in Dublin Bus drivers, whether they're Irish or foreign drivers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

Getting back to the original complaint ring the garage & make a pest of yourself seriously, youre wasting your time ringing head office & hoping theyll
    do something.I had a really bad run in with a C*NT of a bus driver before i did nowt about it & always regretted not reporting him.
    ((i Found out He was later fired for incitement to racial hatred because was rreported by somebody else)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

PPants, your better off getting the Bus eireann late night run from busaras, Runs at 12.00 and 3.00, gets there in half the time and doesnt go through rush, lusk or skerries...

As for the row in skerries, this happens all to often over there,

Foreign drivers make a lot of mistkes because the training given to them By CIE is carried out by Bigotted racist middle age company men who dont give a shiit about them and use the " their using the race card" excuse to cover there lazy overpaid assssses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

...your better off getting the Bus eireann late night run from busaras...
    How much does that cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

hey if he does play the rasist card then you say he was being sexualy in a verbal mannor harrased and used crude words, i had a simular problem but it was an x bus,i got the bus same time every day different drivers 4 different occasions driver couldn't speak a word of english just said yes to my question about where the bus was going(it was a yes or no answer) the last time the driver said yes like the other drivers but agreed that he went past my estate. when i was late my dad asked why i told him what happen. he was a driver for DB so he went in spoke to someone he knew and told them that me and my daughter where left on an unlit street in a bad area at 7pm and had to walk 20 mins to get home. i got free bus pass ect. but they(db) started saying that i had said raicial remarks. which is far from who i am... but my dad turned and said you say that i say sexual discrimination... they said sorry it won't happen again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

eth0_ wrote:
    Isn't it an offence to witness a crime and not report it?

The majority of Dublin Bus drivers are pricks, this thread is just reinforcing my opinion.
    I completely disagree with this. In my experience, the majority are very nice people. The minority of gobsh!tes unfortunately are more visible.

• Advertisement

Crucifix wrote:
    How much does that cost?

I think 6 euro to Balbriggan, 9 euro to Drogheda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

eth0_ wrote:

I thought the most expensive nitelink was 6 euro.

Dublin Bus in general is a sham. Why is last bus at 11:30 ? why not 1.30 a.m which would coincide with pub closing times and shift work, It makes NO sence. The nitelink only serves people going from city centre to the suburbs but not the other way around. I live out in Clonsilla and it takes 30 minutes to drive to city centre in normal/heavy traffic. The only bus route that serves my area ( a very very populated area ) is the 39 ( 39A/B and 39X operate in morning times up until 8 or something )

It is not unusual for this bus to take 1 hour 20 minutes to get me from town to clonsilla which is rediculous. The bus is also jam packed before it even leaves city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Tusky, you have a fairly decent train timetable that runs to clonsilla.
    It gets people I know from the Leixlip area into town in 30minutes and clonsilla is closer...

Back on topic: The driver should be sacked, no 2 ways about it. But I suppose if they sack him they admit they were wrong which leaves them open to be sued...

chump wrote:
    Tusky, you have a fairly decent train timetable that runs to clonsilla.
    It gets people I know from the Leixlip area into town in 30minutes and clonsilla is closer...

Back on topic: The driver should be sacked, no 2 ways about it. But I suppose if they sack him they admit they were wrong which leaves them open to be sued...

Aye chump - would take me 30 minutes to cycle to the clonsilla/Coolmine trainstation though. If there was some sort of small bus that brought people to and from the trainstation I would use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Tusky wrote:
    Aye chump - would take me 30 minutes to cycle to the clonsilla/Coolmine trainstation though. If there was some sort of small bus that brought people to and from the trainstation I would use it.

Doesn't the 39 go right past Clonsilla train station?

John R wrote:
    Doesn't the 39 go right past Clonsilla train station?

It goes past Coolmine trainstation yes. For me to get a 39 from my house to the trainstation It would take 20 minutes ( + time spent waiting on the bus ). This is because the 39 goes into the blanchardstown shopping centre which sometimes can take up 20 minutes alone due to traffic. It really is a terrible system.

• Advertisement

The whole 39 service is pretty appaling esp due to the number of housing est that have gone up in the area. But when the new section goes into the shopping centre there will be a new bus stops and there is talk of the route splitting.
    One bus going via the village and up the clonsilla rd to ongar and another goingon the hartswon hunstown horsehoe via the cetnre and then down the bypass and into town,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

That`s fcukin terrible mate id definetly keep pursuing this until you get somewhere..........

Thaed wrote:
    The whole 39 service is pretty appaling esp due to the number of housing est that have gone up in the area. But when the new section goes into the shopping centre there will be a new bus stops and there is talk of the route splitting.
    One bus going via the village and up the clonsilla rd to ongar and another goingon the hartswon hunstown horsehoe via the cetnre and then down the bypass and into town,

That would be really really sweet. by down the bypass do you mean onto the navan road ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

eth0_ wrote:
    That's a pretty handy solution (provided you live in the right places).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Crucifix wrote:
    That's a pretty handy solution (provided you live in the right places).

ah yes but you see....the reason i get the nitelink is because it stops literally at the top of my estate. the nightrider bus stops at the centre of balbriggan and i certainly dont fancy the 20 minute walk up the road at 3 or 4 in the morning.....especially considering the high number of attacks on women in Balbriggan over the past year.

my dad rang the garage today and basically told the man that he wanted something done about this and that hes prepared to take it as far as he needs to go. when my dad first told this bloke what happened all he said was "that couldnt have happened" which didnt go down too well with my dad :rolleyes:
    anyway, your man ended up admitting that he had heard about the incident and that the driver would be brought up on disciplinary charges. but as my sisters fella pointed out....they say that to keep the complainants happy....doesnt mean it'll happen.

ah well....if i hear anymore i'll let ya know.

• Advertisement

ah yes but you see....the reason i get the nitelink is because it stops literally at the top of my estate. the nightrider bus stops at the centre of balbriggan and i certainly dont fancy the 20 minute walk up the road at 3 or 4 in the morning.....especially considering the high number of attacks on women in Balbriggan over the past year.

my dad rang the garage today and basically told the man that he wanted something done about this and that hes prepared to take it as far as he needs to go. when my dad first told this bloke what happened all he said was "that couldnt have happened" which didnt go down too well with my dad :rolleyes:
    anyway, your man ended up admitting that he had heard about the incident and that the driver would be brought up on disciplinary charges. but as my sisters fella pointed out....they say that to keep the complainants happy....doesnt mean it'll happen.

ah well....if i hear anymore i'll let ya know.

Dont settle for that , surely you can get some sort of compensation out of this ?

Tusky wrote:
    That would be really really sweet. by down the bypass do you mean onto the navan road ?

Yes !

Will take a whole 40 mins off the journey we might even get into town in under an hour.

Thaed wrote:
    Yes !

Will take a whole 40 mins off the journey we might even get into town in under an hour.

Thats the route the 39A goes in the mornings ( except it doesnt even go into the centre ) and its alot quicker.

Tusky wrote:
    Dont settle for that , surely you can get some sort of compensation out of this ?

This compensation culture is disgusting. I don't condone the actions of the bus driver, and I think he should probably be fired if he's done this more than once.

That said, I'd rather see the claimant lose rather than get unnecessarily compensated. It's a pity people are so quick to jump on the litigation bandwagon: it causes the people who have real cases to be associated with those who are pulling scams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Tusky wrote:
    It goes past Coolmine trainstation yes. For me to get a 39 from my house to the trainstation It would take 20 minutes ( + time spent waiting on the bus ). This is because the 39 goes into the blanchardstown shopping centre which sometimes can take up 20 minutes alone due to traffic. It really is a terrible system.

Then can't you get it in the other direction to Clonsilla station? It can't take that long if you are 20minutes from the shopping centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Trojan wrote:
    That said, I'd rather see the claimant lose rather than get unnecessarily compensated. It's a pity people are so quick to jump on the litigation bandwagon: it causes the people who have real cases to be associated with those who are pulling scams.

Being threatened by the driver and dumped in the middle of nowhere is grounds for compensation imo, especially considering that it was done to a young lady.

Can you tell me exactly how she was hurt financially? What specific costs did she incurr?

Sure something needs to be done about the driver, but why do people always scream about money and litigation and compensation these days?

What happened to "it's not about the money, it's the principle"?

Tusky wrote:
    I thought the most expensive nitelink was 6 euro.

This isn't a Dublin Bus nitelink. It's a Bus Eireann 'nightrider'.

Trojan wrote:
    Can you tell me exactly how she was hurt financially? What specific costs did she incurr?

Sure something needs to be done about the driver, but why do people always scream about money and litigation and compensation these days?

What happened to "it's not about the money, it's the principle"?

They put her in danger, even if she got hurt or not she deserves compensation , specially after she paid to be brought home, wasnt ( even after confronting the driver ) and had to wake her dad up to collect her.

I dont like this compensation culture either this is different, but she isnt lieing about anything. For example shes not saying she tripped up on a lose wire and lost 3 days of work + emotional distress, thats compeltely different.

Tusky wrote:
    They put her in danger, even if she got hurt or not she deserves compensation , specially after she paid to be brought home, wasnt ( even after confronting the driver ) and had to wake her dad up to collect her.

I dont like this compensation culture either this is different, but she isnt lieing about anything. For example shes not saying she tripped up on a lose wire and lost 3 days of work + emotional distress, thats compeltely different.
    Ok, so you're saying that she was not hurt financially, and that she did not incurr any specific costs.

So where does your righteous plea for compensation come in? Please educate me, I'm missing something important here, because I see grounds for some costs (dads petrol, nitelink refund, correspondance) but not compensation.

This isn't "different", there's simply no justification for compo claims.

For the record, I'm completely disgusted with the drivers behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

eh ok lads, just for the record....i do not expect any compensation.

i just want to make sure that driver doesnt do that to anyone else. but lets face it, its Dublin Bus. nothing will happen and chances are he'll be back on the same route again.
    as Dub13 already pointed out, there have been complaints from both customers and other drivers about this particular driver and yet he's still working there.

Advertisement