Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Programmers

Options
  • 29-06-2000 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Dunno if yiz have seen these before, - just came in my email this morning. Other developers havin' a laugh because I used to program a lot in Pascal and still use Delphi the odd time. (**** 'em, I've learned VB and ASP since...)

the original...
    www.pbm.com/~lindahl/real.programmers.html
    the follow up...
    funnies.paco.to/RealProg.html

Bard

home page

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Quiche Eater

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

lol smile.gif

I was gonna give this story, then I noticed the link, then I noticed the link doesn't work, so, in fact, here is the link that I was gonna post. Got that?
    http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?Story+of+Mel

Machine code or die.

Alo.

[Addendum: "IJK305I" is not in the JCL reference manual (Document Number GC28-1473-02, File Number S370/S390-36)
    : whoever wrote that is a quiche eater.... smile.gif]

[This message has been edited by Trojan (edited 29-06-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Actually, Luc... I can't f*ckin' STAND Quiche. I do like twinkies and plate-scorching Szechwan food. I think I'm gonna organise a company night out in the Langkawi - ****ing brilliant Malaysian restaurant in town.

Bard

home page

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I've a great recipe for Quiche:

You make your quiche then fvck it in the bin and fry yourself up a steak.

Draco

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Oh dear, I've programmed in JCL, toggled in boot sequences (in the TCD maths dept's PHP 11) and I know what ABEND means. Eeek.

I am nerd, hear me roar.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Mark_The_Whale

I LIKE that recipe, Draco. 'Cept I'd probably feed it to the animals.

But there again, it IS quiche. They might refuse it ..

Mark the Whale. AKA Xavius the Whale.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Originally posted by DeVore:
    Oh dear, I've programmed in JCL, toggled in boot sequences (in the TCD maths dept's PHP 11) and I know what ABEND means. Eeek.

DeV, that was probs the DEC PDP 11, not PHP, which incidentally was one of the first architectures that unix was ported to from the pdp 7 ...

X_OR, nerd historian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

One of the first appeared in MIT if i'm not toally mistaken....
    They sound like alot of fun

Advertisement