Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help regarding parts

Options
  • 15-01-2005 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi all,

I just need some urgent help regarding glue!

I broke a small metal bar around an inch long and 3mm wide. Kind of like a nail shape. It's made out of some sort of metal (metalic) and I think it's zinc alloy. Anyway, It's a very important part of a model gun kit that I just broke it and I don't know how to fix it. The kit is of a German Walther P.38.

What I'm asking is, Do u know of any really strong glues that would fix it????

And where would I get It?

I can't get a replacment as the part replacement form is in japanese.... so my only hope is to use glue.

Perhaps someone might know of a place in Dublin I can go to get an exact copy made? Some metal smith maybe?

Please Help - Its extremely importment I get the piece working otherwise the whole 300 euro Kit is ruined.

From the looks of it the piece that broke is for loading in the next round automatically. Because its broke I have to manually do it myself which kind of wrecks the whole "PFC" effect.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Irishglockfan

Try JB WELD.
    It is a very strong binary glue made in the US,but can be got in motor factors that cater to the trade[not little boy speed racer type motor factors].This stuff has been used by gunsmiths for alot of jobs and if it will hold together a crank schaft in an industrial diesel engine,this is good enough for me.
    TIP
    surface preparation is the key to the glue doing the job well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

If the part isn't too complicated it might be as easy to make one.

Butt jointing small parts ..isn't JB welds forte .. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Gun Shy

Option 1

Go to a machine shop with the part if the glue fails to work (Could be pricey)

Option 2

If your near a FAS CENTRE (ANCO in my day) hang outside the gate and ask for the Fitter/Turners from your description it seems straight forward enough to run off on a lathe, and as an ex grad from the ANCO acadamy it will be a piece of cake to them.

Would offer but now a non practicing Fitter/Turner

PS Wouldn't say what its for, I'd say its for a model steam train etc. the Instructors could freak

Advertisement