Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Businesses That Will Tax Your Car For You?

Options
  • 15-01-2005 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hello All:

I've heard of some businesses that, for a small fee, will go to the Motor Tax Office with your renewal and tax your car on your behalf.

Does anyone know if this is true?

And, if so, can you name them?

Thanks for any help,
    Tommy.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

just do it online.

www.motortax.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Just do it online ...
    The access code is posted out to you with your renewal cert ..

You just need

the access code
    Insurers name
    Insurance cert number
    Car registration number
    Expiry date

a Credit card or a Laser card .

5 mins ...all done. 24 hours a day. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

failing that you may not have a pc, though you are here so ok well you do. anyway bank draft and by post as well.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I was never sent out a renewal notice when I bought my car last year (with tax up)!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

kbannon wrote:
    I was never sent out a renewal notice when I bought my car last year (with tax up)!
    I am pretty sure you can call them and ask for one. It is a Lo-Call number as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Im sure you can but I was just indicating that the OP may not have recieved a tax renewal notice also and therefore cannot renew online.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TommyK

I know you can do it online but I was thinking of a place where you drop your stuff into them in the morning (e.g. on your way to work), they send someone to the MTO with it, and you pick up your tax in the evening (e.g. on your way back from work).

I think I saw something like that mentioned here in the past but can't find it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

TommyK wrote:
    I know you can do it online but I was thinking of a place where you drop your stuff into them in the morning (e.g. on your way to work), they send someone to the MTO with it, and you pick up your tax in the evening (e.g. on your way back from work).

I think I saw something like that mentioned here in the past but can't find it now.

If you are in Dublin the MTO opens late on Thurdays till at least 7. There is a place on the malahide Road that does it, though maybe not the servcie you remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

There was a company called "q4u" dunno if they are still around had an office in swords. They charged 15 e for the service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

Q4u are still in operation with offices in Beaumont, Swords and Donamede, a €15 fee applies, and it's a 24 hour service.

The opening hours of all MTO's in Dublin are 9:30am to 3:30pm, open through lunch. There are four offices that service the public in Dublin.

The Motor Taxation Offices are located at:

River House (Head Office), Chancery Street, Dublin 7

Nutgrove Shopping Centre, Rathfarnham, Dublin 14

Unit B, 9th Lock Road (Opposite the Mill Centre), Clondalkin, Dublin 22

Ballymun Civic Centre, Main Street, Ballymun, Dublin 9

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

One could just post it!

The RF100A is available on the web, send that off with your VLC (RF101) and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There's a booth in the Omni Park (or whatever it's called) in Santry that will pay parking fines, tax your car, and all other kinds of stuff.

Why would you send off your VLC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Dunno, it asks you to from what I remember.
    RF100A wrote:
    You MUST include the following with application:
    · RF101 Certificate or Registration Book, whichever is appropriate to your vehicle
    · Fee - You must include a cheque or postal order for the correct fee (including arrears where appropriate), made payable to the appropriate
    County Council/corporation and crossed “Motor Tax Account”. DO NOT SEND CASH THROUGH THE POST. Contact your local Motor Tax
    Office for clarification of the appropriate Motor Tax rates or other payment methods.
    · Certificate of Roadworthiness or Pass statement issued by authorised tester where appropriate (see Note C3).
    · Goods or Recovery Declaration, if applicable (see Note 5.2).
    · PSV (plate) Licence - Public Service Vehicles only.
    · Article 60 Licence - School Buses only.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

does that apply when you're doing it by post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

kbannon wrote:

You don't get one as the renewal form will have bee sent to the previous owner 2-3 weeks before the tax was up. You cannot do a first tax online unless it is a brand new car

Advertisement