Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiplayer PC gaming for 3-4 people only

Options
  • 15-01-2005 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

We've recently set up a mini lan in our digs [3 comps and lappy], and have large collection of games to play but due to a lack of people [we have no internet connection] some games are unplayable due to maps being to big etc..
    What i'm really looking for is more co-op games as this type of gameplay really suits a small number of people or else bots for multiplayer games that don't include them. The pc are nice high-end machines so running latest games is not a problem.

The games i have so far that include either co-op or bots or both are listed below but would like more additions, perferably of different genres as we mostly have FPS's.

Battlefield series [Co-op & Bots for Multi]
    Unreal series [Co-op & Bots for Multi]
    Half-life series [Co-op & Bots for Multi]
    Call of Duty series [Bots for Multi
    Medal of Honor series [Co-op]
    Jedi series [Bots for Multi]
    Rainbow Six series plus Ghost recon [Co-op]
    Joint Operations/Delta Force [Co-op]
    Alien Vs Pred 2 [Co-op]
    Serious Sams [Co-op & Bots for Multi]
    No One Lives Forever 2 [Co-op]
    Dungen Siege [Co-op]
    Neverwinter Nights [Co-op]

plus a couple more i can't remember right now.

If anyone has any additions or links to mods/bots or know of any games please let me know cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow is only 4 player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

doom 3 (4 player multi) not great though

sven co-op, half-life mod which plays through half-life in co-op mode

a non-fps would be warcraft3 and frozen throne expansion, plenty of small 2-4 player maps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

If you like RTS games, the full Ground Control 2 campaign is co-op and the original has fantastic deathmatch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

doom 1+2 never get old and are still excellent in co-op. Get the Jdoom mod which makes the graphics much better and its more windoze friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

command and conquer games are always a laugh. perfect for a small group

i wouldnt mind a battle for middle earth game myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Cheers for all the suggestions so far.

We're all into different types of games. I'm not a big fan of RTS even though we have quite a few of them (such as Battle for Middle Earth, Medievil + Rome Total War, couple Command and Conquer games) but there a few i like espec Ground Control 2 [never knew this had Coop] and i liked Warcraft III so def will give those a go.

Will get newest version of Sven Coop (and definitly the one for HL2 whenver its out) as liked the original one. Is Doom freeware now or is still sold in shops? Should be some good old school fun :) Own the orignal Splinter Cell but only played the demo of the second splinter cell multi [seemed like a good laugh] but never got round to picking it up, i'd say some1 i know might have it so i'll try pick it up from them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

counter strike, definitely. Get CS:source (the hardkoer 1337 still swear by cs 1.6 but i prefer the gfx/physics of cs source). Very tense game when youve only a small group of people playing it.
    Also you could get GTA:Vice city and the multi theft auto multiplayer mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

i saw a Doom pack in HMV a while back, correct me if im wrong but it was doom, final doom and another doom i believe, not entirely sure on this

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Thats the doom collection grimloch, got released about a month before doom3 came out just to get a few sales cause it had a few doom 3 videos in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Serious Sam coop
    Need for speed hot pursuit (1 police 3 to chase)
    Far Cry has a decent coop mod.
    HL2 has one in the works.
    MOHAA has decent small maps and a coop mod.
    Conflict Desert Storm 1 and 2 (US version has coop Euro DOESNT)

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement