Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Daft Punk - Robot Rock

• 15-01-2005 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭

Here's a video I found, recorded yesterday, of Daft Punk playing their new single "Robot Rock" at some exclusive party they had for it.

http://www.man-and-man.com/lre/daft_robot_rock.MPG

The single is out on March 14, including a remix by Soulwax. It will be released to radio stations on January 26th. I suppose the video is in the making now, I hope it's as good as their other videos.

Their third studio album "Human After All" is out at the end of March.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

Can't say im too impressed with that tune. It dos'nt really do anything, except sound like an electro guitar repating itself. Hope the rest of the albums songs are a bit more varied. I heard Brainwasher is supposed to be the new "rollin scratching"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

would defo like more rollin scratch as opposed to their second album

that track is abit samey all along not build up or anything?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

*does the dance of happy happy*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Robot Rock doesn't sound spectacularly original from that clip, but it does sound more like Homework than Discovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Boring sh1te. I hope the released version is far more interesting than this. It's so repetitive that it instantly reminds me of that Deep Dish track that hit the charts recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Sico wrote:
    Boring sh1te. I hope the released version is far more interesting than this. It's so repetitive that it instantly reminds me of that Deep Dish track that hit the charts recently.

Flashdance is the tune you're referring to Sico, it didn't do much for me when I first heard it but it's grown on me spectacularly in the last month or so and I now love it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Does anyone know if the album is out as a torrent yet?

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

"out on torrent"

i love that :)

almost makes it sound legit.

No, not yet.

http://www.mp3****ter.com for news on when its "out".

EDIT: Eh... replace the stars with sh i t. :o

20 minutes until I get to hear the new album :D

getting myself in the mood by listening to discovery.. I've lost the god damn dvd :(

• Advertisement

Ive been listening to the album for almost a week now and i really like it, apart from the last song "Emotion", I hate when an album ends on a crap song, and i dont really like "make love", but the rest of it is great! all cool squelchy beats, which is much more like homework than discovery (thank god)

Just so everyone knows though, Most dance producers use old tracks to get samples from and they use a small bit and it normally sounds good! But Daft Punk are taking the píss with Robot Rock:
    Download this Song Breakwater - Release the Beast (4mb)

Its from a band called Breakwater and the track is called release the beast and it was released in 1980.

Now that is just Lazy.

Bloody french.

sean

I like it, alot. Especially Technologic.

it's no discovery (yes yes, I'm a whore for liking discovery more than the first one) but that album was just something special.

three thumbs up!

(edit)

actually, I quite like emotion too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Mordeth wrote:
    20 minutes until I get to hear the new album :D

getting myself in the mood by listening to discovery.. I've lost the god damn dvd :(

where did you get it from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Just got the whole album off Limewire and first impression is that it's like a cross between Homework Discovery... Needs a few more listen obviously but apart from Technologic nothing as really "got me" yet...

Just so everyone knows though, Most dance producers use old tracks to get samples from and they use a small bit and it normally sounds good! But Daft Punk are taking the píss with Robot Rock:
    Download this Song Breakwater - Release the Beast (4mb)

Its from a band called Breakwater and the track is called release the beast and it was released in 1980.

Now that is just Lazy.

Bloody french.

sean

Not as lazy as their recent remix of Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out. It's basically the same song.

I like the album, although "Emotion" and "Robot Rock" are probably my least favourite. "Emotion" is kinda Kraftwerk-y though. "Make Love" and "Technologic" are my favourites right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

plazzTT wrote:
    Not as lazy as their recent remix of Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out. It's basically the same song.

I like the album, although "Emotion" and "Robot Rock" are probably my least favourite. "Emotion" is kinda Kraftwerk-y though. "Make Love" and "Technologic" are my favourites right now.

The Brainwasher is a great track IMO.

plazzTT wrote:
    Not as lazy as their recent remix of Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out. It's basically the same song.QUOTE]

yes but they actually call that a remix, with this they say that its their song?

Sean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I've had the album a couple of weeks now and I am very disapointed with it. Nearly every song is really repetitive and I found it a pain to listen to. It is more like Homework but doesn't compare at all, not a great direction to be going in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭o Fiac

This post has been deleted.

ó F&#237 wrote: »

that's the worst post in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ó F&#237 wrote: »
    People are entitled to their own opinions, f**ko!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭solo1

Who wouldn't like Robot Rock? What sad deluded simpleton would fail to be swayed by its almost monotonical simplicity? How can anyone complain that it's repetitive and claim to like dance music at the same time. Dance music is supposed to be repetitive. The only thing that separates any kind of music from noise is recognisable, repeated patterns.

The rest of the album is good too, I think. I like that track about television, and I could listen to "human after all" for ever.

Then again, I really liked that Deep Dish single too. So what the hell do I know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

Daft Punk aren't dance though, they're electronic!

I like the album. Human After All is my favourite track, the end of it is just too damn good. Brainwasher, Television, Robot Rock are all great tracks. It's not as good as Discovery but hey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

its pretty good, only got a few listens but tiz ok.
    Not too pushed to buy it, heard it was thrown together in 6 weeks(probly bollix but then again). They were electronic, goin a bit more dancy with this album maybe??? Hopefully its just a hint of better stuff yet to come, its been a while fer chisssakes!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Am i the only person that thinks every song on that album, apart from technologic, is a five minute loop of a fifteen second riff?

I didn't like any of it, except for the well written technologic.

Bit of a waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah its an extremely repetitive album alright, but there are a few decent tracks on there so I'm not that bothered.

five minute loop of a fifteen second riff?
    Yeah, but when the riff is good...

Anyway, eventually they are going to get together with Air. I can see it on the horizon. Daft Punk have that hard edge that Air were clearly desperately seeking on "10,000 Hertz Legend" but lost again for "Talkie Walkie", whereas Air have that all-important depth that Daft Punk pretend to ignore, but secretly want ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭zafa

the bottom line is that daft punk havent done anything decent since 1996

theyre sickeningly overrated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

zafa wrote:
    the bottom line is that daft punk havent done anything decent since 1996

theyre sickeningly overrated
    Nah... i'm not a big fan of Dance / Electronic music (don't know why i'm in the forum to be honest :D) but i found 'Discovery' to be one of the best albums of that year.

Full of amazing tracks - 'One More Time', 'Aerodynamic', 'Digital Love' and the absolutely BRILLANT 'Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

solo1 wrote:
    Yeah, but when the riff is good...

Anyway, eventually they are going to get together with Air. I can see it on the horizon. Daft Punk have that hard edge that Air were clearly desperately seeking on "10,000 Hertz Legend" but lost again for "Talkie Walkie", whereas Air have that all-important depth that Daft Punk pretend to ignore, but secretly want ...

That is prophetic!

Cheez wrote:
    its pretty good, only got a few listens but tiz ok.
    Not too pushed to buy it, heard it was thrown together in 6 weeks(probly bollix but then again). They were electronic, goin a bit more dancy with this album maybe??? Hopefully its just a hint of better stuff yet to come, its been a while fer chisssakes!!!
    Yeah the album was put together in just 4 weeks, I think they've just been lazy bastards for the last while, but the album is better than the Prodigies last, which took 4 years or something!

Still you can always lash on a bit of Revolution909 and it's all gooood!

I read somewhere it took them 2 weeks ?!?

Anyway, if anyone needs proof of Daft Punk's lazyness, listen to their remix of Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out. It's almost the same song.

Same goes for Robot Rock, it sounds the very same as the 80's tune that they sample in it.

but the album is better than the Prodigies last, which took 4 years or something!
    Ain't that the truth. However, I heard that Liam Howlett had an entire album written and was going to release it - "Baby's Got A Temper" was the single release - but then decided it sounded too much like Fat of the Land. So he went back and started all over again to create a new sound. A new, crappy sound. I really want to hear the tapes of the album he threw out.

solo1 wrote:
    Ain't that the truth. However, I heard that Liam Howlett had an entire album written and was going to release it - "Baby's Got A Temper" was the single release - but then decided it sounded too much like Fat of the Land.

Yeah I heard that, and to tell ye the truth, I was ****ing delighted when I heard he was ditching that sound!

"Baby's Got A Temper" has got to be THE worst single released by a credible band ever imo. pure crap. I remember the woeful reviews I heard from people who'd seen them on that summer festival tour too
    solo1 wrote:
    So he went back and started all over again to create a new sound. A new, crappy sound.

yep. Being who he is, I expected a new amazing sound(I had it so hyped up in my head too, When I wasn't being too cynical about it;) but I really wished it'd be a great new sound) not some rip-off of electro-clash, a crap genre created by a techno legend by accident, released for the laugh and loved by dickheads like MixMag et al!

I'm telling ye I was not impressed, and sad to realise my cynicism was deserved, Liam Howlett on his own just hasn't got it.

Advertisement