Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why so silent?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭snuffles

I was three people from the front. Unfortunately one of those people was a HUMAN MOUNTAIN.

Nice thing about the Ambassador is you can see the stage pretty clearly no matter where you stand.

And Charlie was actually bleeding, it was in a newspaper, according to one of my friends. I didn't think they were that bad, nothing amazing, but not awful either. It's out of line chucking stuff at ANYONE trying to play guitar for an audience, no matter how crap they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Oh yes. Especially not PANTIES!

I think that might have been a waste of 10 euro.

See I wriggled infront of that human mountain, after hitting him repeatedly with my hair I think he let me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

I remember a gig with 2 man mountains in front of me. The trick is to punch them in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I never thought you were that violent Caoimhe? good thing i never got on your bad side! :D

:rolleyes:
    Uh, yeah.....

• Advertisement

indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭HeyYou

Someone's punching man-mountains?! Careful now, there's a good chance you'll punch me if you keep that up. And then I'll be angered... :p

Aw Irwin m'darling, I'd never punch you, there'd be too much giblet-related screaming...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=giblets&r=f
    Yeah i always wondered about that, care to explain irwin? Hmmmm?

That's a hilarious link, made even more hilarious by the fact that I didn't know that "giblets" was a generally-accepted way to refer to your, ahem...bits and pieces. I just thought it was funny the way everyone automatically jumped to that conclusion! It seems the jokes on me, using the word "giblets" in that way was not an original creation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Circumstances better change Aonghus or there's going to be some almighty arse-kicking for me to do! :p
    They did. I are session 2 bound

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

**** yeah! This last of years is going to kick so much ass. I'll have all the people around me to make it as memorable as possible. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

even me??? wow.

Yup! :)

I thought i'd bump this thread as it is horribly silent at the moment

Hey Matt, you're a bassist. Get thee to the Intruments forum and read my Fame thread. Ever played one? I haven't but they sound delectalicious and there's a Baphomet 5 that's a callin' me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Noo... it spreads into the CTYI forum...

One sexy bass there. I still have my Aria for four years now! its sexy thing it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Rainbow Girl

Session 2 this year'll be the best damn thing ever! And we get to rule the school! :D

Indeed. I like the Arias but that's a mighty fine critter there and a five-string would suit David quite nicely. :D

• Advertisement

Since when do you refer to yourself in the third person?

Since shut up! That's when! :P But yeah, it'd mean I wouldn't have to downtune at random for jazz parts. :)

2shay! Get a 6 string just to have it

Ever played a six-string? It's a bastard to play with a pick, and I play fingerstyle! :o

No but.. shuddup! I finger as well!

:p Mine's almost as fast as a good picking speed at this stage. :) That's what playing 12-bar blues in 4/4 at 300BPM'll get you kiddies*.

*May also cause horrible pain and cramps in forearm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

No but.. shuddup! I finger as well!
    *giggle*

:rolleyes:

Real mature there! :p Has your lady friend flown into the country yet?

• Advertisement

Has anyone ever played an 8 string bass? I've only ever seen a photo of one once. They're the bass equivalent of a 12 string guitar, 4 sets of double courses. Anyone ever played (or seen) one?

Advertisement