Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why so silent?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

No but I really want to. They're designed for bands with only one guitarist to fill out the sound somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

My friend made a 6 string bass. It's simply amazing...

I love six-strings, but unless you happen to play for Dream Theater there just isn't really enough use for them. Five will do me nicely. I can't ever see myself actively using the C string enough to justify it, and as I've said before, they're a bitch to play, especially fingerstyle. On a related note so Colm's post, one of my ambitions in life is to build my own guitar, not to have one custom built but to actually do it myself, from scratch, body, neck, possibly pickups, everything. It'll be terrible but it'll have my signature sound. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Also, if you build your own guitar it will be perfect. A friend of a friend made his own, and it has really weird fret spacings so no one else can play it. But when he's using it, it's just...wow

If I do it right it will be perfect. However if I do it right it'll be a frickin' miracle. :p I'd also love to get a baritone Les Paul and refret it for better spacing. Les Paul tone with the fret spacing on my Ibanez. Yummy. ;) If I did that to a normal Les Paul I'd end up with all of about... five frets. :rolleyes: Ah, the joys of guitar nerddom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

Saxamaphone....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

My guitar has a hole in the middle...I think it may be broken...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

No that's where the sound comes out...

Unless of course it's a solid-body electric, in which case, for future reference, a guitar will not, I repeat will not, stop a cannonball. :rolleyes:

Advertisement