Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

high end hi-fi s

Options
  • 16-01-2005 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

is there a shop in dublin that does hi end hi fi seperates (like marantz cambridgre etc etc). there used to be one on the quays but its gone awhile now??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

There were a couple of shops on the quays doing seperates, Hi-Fi Corner and Richer Sounds. Right beside were Richer Sounds were on Wellington Quay is a shop called X-Music, who sell much the same seperates as Richer Sounds did, and can get stuff from Richer Sounds in the North if they don't have it in stock. They'd be your best bet.

Other than that, Cloney Audio in Blackrock are definitely worth a look for the higher end stuff. Peats and Harvey Norman sell seperates, and that's about all I can think of! Dublin has gone to the pits for hi-fi stuff. Buy online to be honest.

Robbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭calis

thx man just ordered off richer sounds. they have some great stuff. thx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

you ordered stuff without hearing it? :o

cloneys is good if you want a proper hifi set up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭calis

all the gear is 5 star rated by various magazines .. what hi fi etc. when u cant travel to hear it u have to trust reviewers ears :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

I wouldn't trust anything printed by What Hi-Fi. I believe their 5 star reviews are bought by manufacturers and they are biased. For example, I know a few years ago the editor was also sitting on the the board of Mission, and during that time funnily enough there wasn't one bad review of any Mission speakers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

dont trust reviews :(

If i'd gone for all the "5star" stuff i would never have as nice a set up as I have now!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Who was the mission board member who was Editor of What Hi-fi????

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Advertisement