Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6230?

• 16-01-2005 4:15pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Whats in the box with the unit when you get em new?

I have one coming on my insurance after an incident with a puddle when the weather was ****ty the Friday before last.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

In the box you get ...

The Nokia 6230 + battery (just in case you weren't sure :))
    A phone charger
    Nokia Stereo Headset HDS-3 (ie. earphones with a mic)
    32 MB MMC card (with a couple of videos and songs)

Btw - have you owned or used a Nokia 6230 before?

- Neil

My brother got a free Nokia HDW-3 Bluetooth headset with his, but I think that was just a Christmas offer.

The MMC card comes with a few files: a BMW ad, an airline ad and a few Norah Jones music tracks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

theothernt wrote:
    Hi,

In the box you get ...

The Nokia 6230 + battery (just in case you weren't sure :))
    A phone charger
    Nokia Stereo Headset HDS-3 (ie. earphones with a mic)
    32 MB MMC card (with a couple of videos and songs)

Btw - have you owned or used a Nokia 6230 before?

- Neil

Thanks for that, I had a feeling thats what was in it but jsut wanted to be sure. Iv used one before but only to look through the menus quickly. I tend to use all of a phones features (Bluetooth to laptop, GPRS, camera, car kit, etc.) so im looking forward to this phone. I have a Sony Ericson Bluetooth car kit so I borrowed one and tested it with that before making the decsion to go with it. Im just impaciant at this stage as the courier was supposed to have had it with me last Friday morning. Im using a SE P900 from work ATM which I dont like much.

Hi,

I was just going to recommend reading through the manual, mainly because the phone has so many features!

I suggest customising the "Go To" as certain functions (like Bluetooth) are buried quite deep in the menu system. Turning off the screensaver can also improve battery life a bit (both Vodafone and O2 have custom "animated" screensavers which can and should be turned off).

That reminds me, removing the back cover from the phone can be a little tricky at first. I was afraid I was going to break the phone initially, but it just requires a lot of force (ie. pressing the button down while sliding up).

Anyway, it's an excellent phone - enjoy! :)

- Neil

Was thinking of having a skim through the manual all right. Coming from the insurance company it should be unencumbered by O2 branding and menus. After seeing the screen saver on another one ill def be turning it off. Screen saver on a phone, sombody should have got a kick for that idea... Seen a few people have picked up 1GB MMC's I may be considering that when finace is better.

• Advertisement

Hi,

It will all depend on where the insurance company get the phones :) although O2's branding is quite lite compared to Vodafone ;)

In regards to the 1GB MMC cards, they work fine - just one little issue. The phone itself will read up to 1GB okay but doesn't seem to write past 512mb (I've tried with the datacable and bluetooth) so you'll need a card reader (and a newer one at that) to fill the card. That's my experience so far.

- Neil

Thanks for the info. Hopefully they will fix the bugs with FW upgrades. Does MP3 playing affect the battery much?

Advertisement