Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Taking out my radio has never been more annoying!!

Options
  • 16-01-2005 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

I wanna hook my mp3 player up to my car but i cant get at the damn radio!

My radio has AUX in, and i have a compoiste to mini jack cable that would be perfect for the job.

I drive a mark5 2002 3 door honda civic, and i cant get anywhere near the radio. The radio is intergrated into the dash board, and all angles to get at it are cut off. I went into a car shop and asked the lads in there if they would know how to do it and they said it would take 15 minutes for them to get a look - at the low low price of 30 quid... not sniffin it lads, 30 quid for 15 minutes work is daylight robbery.

Does anyone know how i can get at it? Any manuals i can get or something? IVe been trolling the internet looking for a way to get to the radio and the best i could find was a dash replacement kit 'how to'.. which is only available when i buy a new kit :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

I love to help you but without seeing the car is hard to remember how it has to be done.

Firts you need to pull out the surronding panel then you could get at the radio easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭synchro

go to ramsey electronics or ebay or check out ramseye electronics on the net and purchase ~ 10mw fm stereo transmitter that does the full fm band not just a small range
    tis is perfect and in terms of sound reproduction, its as good as an aux input
    these transmitters are around 50e to buy by the time there shipped over here
    they run on either AAsize batteries or 9v size
    pm me if ur got any further questions

heres one of them now:
    http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=FM10C

a little more expensive than ii thoight though

fm10-W.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They're also technically illegal here... but who's gonna know? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

If the car radio has a tape player in it, you can buy a device it looks like a cassette. You pop this into the tape player, it has a lead coming from it which you plug the external device into. It then reproduces the sound via some electronics to the tape heads Hey presto easy aux. looks a little messy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Ah, red_ice, I can help you here. I've a copy of the service manuals for the 2002-2003 CTR and it details the steps there, I'll root it out and PM you the pages.

If i remember correctly, it's quite complicated as you've the remove the rubber from around he gear shaft remove two screws underneath and the whole facial around the gear stick is removed. Then then you'll find the blanking plate and radio are actually bolted to a chassis supporting loads of electronics. Apparently it's to slow down wannabe car thieves! Incidentally the CD/Radio in that car will only work in your car. It's been electronically programmed to the ECU of the car - bummer if you blow that then.

Now where's that manual.

• Advertisement
Advertisement