Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Synchronise Folders Across Network

• 16-01-2005 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

rsync was mentioned a while back (2-3 weeks ?) - there was something similar posted about backing up files to second HDD - can't remember which forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

From recent threads
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=215041
    davej wrote:
    syncback is the software that you seek. The basic version is free and has everything you will ever need. It has support for multiple profiles, scheduling, backup via ftp, filters etc. I use it to synchronise my music files between my iRiver H340 and my USB external drive.

davej

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=191511
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=213853 - second copy

hey, I want to see how it works too :D

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Dumb question - I was thinking about using the Windows briefcase to do the same thing? Any reason it wont work?

I want to sync music ripped to my laptop to my HTPC.

Dumb question - I was thinking about using the Windows briefcase to do the same thing? Any reason it wont work?

I want to sync music ripped to my laptop to my HTPC.
    I hate the briefcase because you have to yes/no all the time - have a look at my xcopy in the links above - it only copies newer files.
    rsync can copy the differences since the file was last copied - mp3's don't change so need to go to that level

Advertisement