Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carter beauford on the drums!

Options
  • 16-01-2005 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭

i posted the first video up in the music/radio forum, but that place doesn't seem to get many hits, so i'll try my luck here. (i know there are some more dmb fans out round these parts!)

http://www.dmbnewstudioalbum.com/

this is the second video of dave matthews band in the studio, a jam between carter beauford (some of yas know him well) and the producer mark batson. thats stefan lessard on the bass talking -funny little voice he has, try not to laugh too hard at him =P

anyway, its excellent i think
    jazzy stuff, but i don't care if you hate jazz because this here is some great music in its purest form -getting into that groove and playing what u feel. thats what these guys do best, and thats why I love em.
    and if this music doesn't move u, at least carter will blow ur mind =)

so have a listen and enjoy,
    ~Beth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gothic Warrior

I used to think Carter Beauford was amazing when I saw this clip, so then (as an avid fan of Victor Wooten) I bought the DVD. It turns out that that clip is by FAR the best bit on the DVD, and Carter actually got confused when Victor told him to change to "double-time". This clip makes him look far better than he is because I reckon that is the best clip he's ever played. I was impressed at first, but on closer inspection I realised he was a bit of a farce. Don't get me wrong, he is an EXCELLENT drummer, but out of his league with Victor Wooten.

If you want good drummers, Dennis Chambers is the best in the world - bar none. Check him out HERE, and more clips here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭40crush41

cool, thanks for the link. stopped my dave matthews/timmy reynolds/carlos santana clip i just got to watch him, so u should real darn right honored!
    good stuff -i dont know much about the drums.. i just play piano and violin, but idk, sounded real good to me. anyway, the music sounded real nice.
    and thanks for the clip of carter and vic, good stuff -i should get that dvd, don't know why i havn't yet.. hmm

hehe, at first i thought u were saying carter sucked and i was going to kill u =) but then u said u still think hes excellent, so its all cool. (still shouldn't think hes a farce though, but i know hes not, and so do a lot of other people, so i'll let it slide)

so are u sure he was confused? that would really surprise me honestly. double time -meaning to pick up the beat twice as fast? if this is so, id imagine hed know that. jazz musicians know their stuff. and he has played with a fair amount of people. nevermind that hes been banging on the drums since he was three -u think he doesn't know what hes doing and just plays.. plays like he does? no, right?

-and yes, victor wooten is a god, im not insulted that u don't think they're in the same league, but that doesn't mean i have to agree with you =) carter can be just as godlike as vic at times.

just as a weird tangent, as if i havn't already had one, but what i love about vic is that he thinks he still has so much to work on, which is true i guess, everyone has to work on something. but idk, he wouldn't have to improve til the day he died and hed still be at the top, if not the best ever. the fact that hes working on it.. mind boggling.

~Beth

I know - I found it wierd too that he didn't know double time, and Victor actually had to explain it to him - A FEW TIMES! I'll try to upload the clip tomorrow.

*shakes head* oh carter *shakes head*

thanks for the offer, im curious to see this.
    now warrior -from what ive seen u have a decent taste in music, from condemning my cousin's punk band *laughs* to liking vic -what else are u into may i ask? (or is this getting off topic.. if i start a topic am i allowed to get off of it?) do u like dave matthews? or how bout them flecktones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

If you want good drummers, Dennis Chambers is the best in the world - bar none. Check him out

Thats a pretty wide statement. Dont get me wrong Chambers is a great drummer but I think it kinda depends on what the artist is looking for. I mean Vinnie Colaiuata or Steve Gadd could also arguably be called the greatest drummer in the world.

• Advertisement

40crush41 wrote:
    *shakes head* oh carter *shakes head*

thanks for the offer, im curious to see this.
    now warrior -from what ive seen u have a decent taste in music, from condemning my cousin's punk band *laughs* to liking vic -what else are u into may i ask? (or is this getting off topic.. if i start a topic am i allowed to get off of it?) do u like dave matthews? or how bout them flecktones?
    The Flecktones rule - Béla is sooo friggin' amazing. I also like Steely Dan (and Donald Fagen solo stuff), Zappa, Pink Floyd, John Scofield, Guns N' Roses, Primus, Jaco Pastorius (and Weather Report), Bill Bruford, Rage Against the Machine, Alice in Chains, Greg Howe, Soundgarden, Blind Melon, Bob Dylan, 5ive Style, Rory Gallagher, and The Pixies....and lots more.

And you?

awesome collection there -u cover a lot, good stuff

yup, i love those flecktones, -bela is crazy, bout 2 years ago i would never thought i would love a banjo so much =) of course, i love dmb =) yea, i know there may be "more talented" bands out there (like the flecktones), but no other band has touched me on that emotional level like them. im trying out a lot more "jam bands" random stuff here and there -theres this jazz mandolin project that catches my ear -they're cool. weather report, funny -someone else round boards told me to look into them- i gotta get on that =).
    letsee, then theres damien rice, bob dylan, led zepp, pink floyd, rush, coldplay, bruce springsteen, u2. horslips are cool too (a friend introduced them to me.) theres also more randomly reel big fish, greenday, collective soul, dashboard, staind, shakira, and outkast when i need some hip hoppin =D

so on and so forth ~Beth

haha, too bad me wanting to discuss the new dmb album with anyone -took a left then a right off topic.. now its no where to be seen. oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

Man I just love Carter Beauford and that's a cool clip. I can't wait for the new DMB album!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Gothic Squal,,
    ,goood calls on great drummers there lads,,,but i tell you now untill youve SEEN Neil Peart live on stage then you HAVENt seen the best,,,he is simply different class to anything ive seen and ive seen most of em down the years of any note, The man is a COLLOSUS it just can not be overstated enough how he just eclispes everything that other drummers have done, an all round master. Having said that there are great gifted guys like the boys youv mentioned aswell as guys like simon phillips, and many more besides.
    Like I said Ive seen Peart a few times now, not many in this country know of him or enough of him,,,and believe me hes a different league completely one Rush cocert and youd see what I mean.

ciao; amigos...Baggio..............

Advertisement