Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Article about Eircom

• 16-01-2005 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hello all,

Not sure I'm posting this in the write area but i'll continue anyway. I'm writing an article about Eircom at the moment, notably concerning their customer service and the fact that they have been doing a lot of lying and misrepresenting recently. AN example of which is charging people for the "free" broadband trial and then dispatching threatening letters when said bill hasnt been paid.

It would be very helpful if anybdy could post any experience's they've had, good or bad or even any links to any previous posts that would be helpful.

I am only a recent graduate and am not an established journalist, just a freelance trying to gain some experience so I hope you dont think Im being lazy en route to making a profit out of this. I have made many calls and enquires so far and this is just a further avenue of research as I have been very impressed with the level of competance, experience and simply "cop on" that exists on this site on a daily basis.

I am already a previous registered user with a couple of hundred posts to my name but I registered a new name so as to not receive any bias or descrimination based on any previous posts I have made. Thanks in advance for your help guys and gals..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Have a read of this thread on the IrelandOffline forum, lots of 'good' examples there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tubey

Excellent, thats extremely helpful. Thanks Moriarity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Be very aware that eircom are the 5th biggest advertiser in the country who regularly take out full page ads in the National and Sunday newspapers and so have a lot of influence even on the most indepedent newspapers; a recent example is the editor of the Sunday Business Post allegedly quitting (so says the Phoenix Mag) over company owners insisting on them running a puff piece on an eircom executive.

It might prove very hard to shop this article to a news outlet. It would be far easier if you included loads of other telcos and isps too. That way the news outlets can be seen to be more impartial and not attacking anyone in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tubey

you make a good point but I've already talked to the editor of the paper involved here and in his own words..."they don't advertise with us so i don't care, just make sure you give both sides of the coin" It's not going to be an attack piece but with eircom I see the outcome as being inevitable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Check your pm inbox tubey.

• Advertisement
Advertisement