Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age Of Empires 3

Options
  • 16-01-2005 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

well lads its almost here and it is set to make new records in computer gaming and it is rumoured that it will be out around may or june

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

May or June? Nice one, but unlikely, I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Theo

i know and i wouldent like it to be rushed but it is in the final stages of the game so we wont know until a few months before it is releasd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

hope its better than lotrbfme, ie. more units

yes you will be happy to know there is loads of new units and the population number has increased so we have more units on the field

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Man this game is going to be some laggy bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

grimloch wrote:
    hope its better than lotrbfme, ie. more units
    And with an engine that isnt outdated and pants :( (The C&C:G engine sucked, EA seem to love it though, next red alert is on the same engine last I heard......). However judging by the screen shot and the few interviews I have seen, looks like AoE3 could be mind blowing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

graphics isnt everything...

i want better gameplay than aoe2tc, 1000+ unit armys would be good, tactics winning battles not just numbers, more realistic economy, 32 player multiplayer, and longer wars

it better not turn out like those crap games, ron or aom with fancy graphics

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Really liked the first games but after playing the Total War games, I just hope they include proper formations etc. AOE games just used to turn into a chaotic riot after a while. Unless I'm talking out of my arse, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

bounty wrote:
    graphics isnt everything...

i want better gameplay than aoe2tc, 1000+ unit armys would be good, tactics winning battles not just numbers, more realistic economy, 32 player multiplayer, and longer wars

it better not turn out like those crap games, ron or aom with fancy graphics
    Well from the interviews I have read better gameplay seems like it could definately be on the menu, they have also promised larger armies than any other game in the series, not too sure if their going into the 1000's, would very muh doubt it, 400 would suit me just fine, maybe leave it easily modable though, because all the other AOE games had a virtually unbreakable pop cap, AoE2's pop cap STILL isnt broken properly (it can be bypassed by trigger spawn units, but that isnt a proper bypass). In AoE2 if you played it on-line a fair bit, you started to realise just how much of a diffrence unit choice makes, put pikeys up against champions, good luck, put champions up against paladins, good luck, put pikeys up against paladins, happy days. So refreshign seeing 40 pikeys at tuppence each killing 40 paladins at a hefty 60 food and 75gold a piece and still have a few troops left.

32 player battles, I dont think theres a single hoem PCthat coudl run that at this point, especially for on-line play, maybe on LAN, and with a dedicated server, but otherwise t'would be impossable with current technology, 8man would suit me nicely, especially if were getting them bigger armies :)

(and yes, AoM and RoN sucked.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

can't wait for this aswell...lost count of how many days...weeks of my youth were lost defending castles...or searching for that last elusive goldmine.. :D

any good links to the new game info??

• Advertisement

id like the option of having a massive army and a huge sprawling castle taking over half the map which you couldnt do in aoe 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Loved the 1st few but AOM didnt float my boat , didnt like the heroes prefered the reality of the originals , but how can you drool at this.

Age3Screenshot5-700.jpgAge3Screenshot4-700.jpgAge3Screenshot3-700.jpgAge3Screenshot2-700.jpgAge3Screenshot1-700.jpgAge3Screenshot0-700.jpg

Sweet

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

loved 1 , 2 and Rise of Nations , Age of Mythology was seriously bad , we'd be best off forgetting about that game , as it only leaves tarnished images of the series .

I wouldn't like it to go too much in the total war direction ,as tactics and stratigies are exactly my thing , but I would like to see a mix of 2/rise of nation+total war games , wheres theres at least a basic element of tactics but not too much , as I think it takes the game away from the average gamer .

and as for the screen shots...........I may have just wet myself :eek: :eek: :eek: .

cap still looks samll enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

those screenshots look amazing, i've bought all the other age of empires games including the age of mythology ones but this beats them all on graphics hands down. i wonder what it plays like

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i am off age of empires my friend(the only person i play)is 2 0r 3 in the world at it:( not a pretty sight

you should have layed me in my prime, i used to win all the time.
    i have to get a new computer basically to play this game but from the look at it i say it is worth it and we could also hope that red alert 3,we could hope as pugsley said that it wont be on the same engine as the last game but it looked towards that direction but red alert 3 with this type of graphics, we my friends are entering into a new age of graphics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Robert

Just got age of empires yesterday and an Installing now can't wait to play

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

its...crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Robert

Thanks for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Tusky wrote:
    its...crap.

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

its more of the same really.

Quite enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

love the first 2
    have 3rd on demo dont really like it

quarryman wrote:
    why?

exactly the same as II with a new coat of paint a couple of new features.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Tusky wrote:
    exactly the same as II with a new coat of paint a couple of new features.

So its a very good game then .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Big Ears wrote:

no, very dissapointing sequel, you need an uber pc to play the new gfx smoothly and they dont look as good as he screenshots, same AI pathing problems, animation not that great for units, still basically good game play though but very VERY lazy sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Agrees, it's just same old same old.

Big Ears wrote:

Afraid not...its dated & sluggish. Doesnt compare to RTS's of late. Also, the screenshots make it look 10 times better than it actually looks.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61377

eurogamer review, says it all really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

i played it and i like it :D:D:D

Advertisement