Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Evilution a bit antagonistic at times?

Options
  • 16-01-2005 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭

Evilution wrote:
    Silly boy? Sonny, I'm probably a lot older than you so behave yourself :rolleyes:
    Tbh, and I think I speak for the majority here ev, you don't act it..

A vote: At times Evilution can be a "bit" antagonistic? 10 votes

Yay
    0% 0 votes
    Nay
    100% 10 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Tbh, and I think I speak for the majority here ev, you don't act it..

Thats because I don't take myself too seriously all of the time, unlike yourself, and I think I speak for the majority here Ap :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Evilution wrote:
    Thats because I don't take myself too seriously all of the time, unlike yourself, and I think I speak for the majority here Ap :rolleyes:

I don't like you.

Boston wrote:
    I don't like you.

And I, you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Some how I doubt you have an informed opinion of moi, somehow i doubt you have ever bother to read my posts, somehow i doubt your ego would let you read anybodies posts but your own, somehow i doubt you even do that much...

Boston wrote:
    Some how I doubt you have an informed opinion of moi

True enough, but when you said that you didn't like me, out of the blue, I felt compelled to respond. I don't have an opinion of you at all actually.
    Boston wrote:
    somehow i doubt you have ever bother to read my posts

The TCD forum is one of the rare forums where I actually read all the posts going. Much to my detriment sometimes :confused:
    Boston wrote:
    somehow i doubt your ego would let you read anybodies posts but your own

Man, whats with these crazy little diatribes about me. My ego? I do have an ego, same as everyone, so sue me.
    Boston wrote:
    somehow i doubt you even do that much...

Aha, the infamous 3 full-stops at the end to add emphasis to an otherwise pointless post.

Dude, do yourself a favour and relax will you?! If I get under your skin this much over the internet I can't imagine what it'd be like for you to meet me in person. Maybe you have? Maybe we've passed each other in college?
    Thats a bad case of insecurity you have there. Projecting your issues and limitations onto me! Leave me outta your fukked up little head, buddy. I feel soiled even replying to your petty little snipes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Evilution wrote:
    Haha "riight" ;) You dinna make much sense all of the time either..

In fairness I was referring to you being a bit of an antagonist.. For another example look here.

My advice, calm yourself a bit.. I'd rather this forum wasn't an outlet for your unprovoked spite.

Boston wrote:
    I don't like you.
    :D

It's not really outta the blue ev.. You haven't really made the most friendly of impressions on this board.

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Haha "riight" ;) You dinna make much sense all of the time either..

Is it my fault if some people here are complete retards and can't understand what I write? Hmmmmm.
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    In fairness I was referring to you being a bit of an antagonist..

Put it to a vote and we'll see. I do feel I am obstinate by nature anyway, but I think that comes from having a fully developed personality and not being backwards about coming forwards. What makes you think that I have the problem? Because a few people here feel like they get a hard time from me? Jesus man, I'd actually be happy if someone showed some spine and was direct with me. None of you really no me in person here, bar Kev_rc_ie, so I don't think you have a fair opinion of me in essence.
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    My advice, calm yourself a bit.. I'd rather this forum wasn't an outlet for your unprovoked spite.

Now, if there's one thing I truely do dislike its people telling me how to conduct myself. This forum isn't an 'outlet for (my) unprovoked spite' as you seem to think. Try reading through the forum where that girl was asking about the Law courses in TCD - I replied with a lot of info about my course, which she was also interested in. To judge me by a certain cross-section of my offerings here is a bit hypocritical. It'd be like me searching through all your posts, picking out the one's where you have a go at people, and then judging you on those only. Not accurate at all.

Ok this thread is split from the Motions one..
    It precipitated from the following deleted post. I'd like to point out that this is not a witch-hunt or personal attack, and thusly is it to be taken too seriously. He dared me to put it to a vote so I am.. It's only for a bit of a larf ok! :p
    Evilution wrote:
    Myth wrote:
    Before I get labelled as a hack (again), just wish to inform you that there are some interesting motions being put forward at the next SU Council (17/1/05 - that's Monday - at 7 p.m. in the Joly, Hamilton Building)

1) Sale of Tobacco products be banned from SU Shops
    2) The ban on Nestlé be removed
    3) The ban on Coke be removed

Each of the motions asks to be put to a referendum.

Just thought some of you might be interested...
    Yanno what, I'm normally kinda nonplussed by stuff like this but I'll make an exception this time.
    Pi$$ off with your SU $hite will you!!!! I'm sick of getting SU emails as it is without coming onto boards and having to look at the same crap. Call me pro-choice and all that, but I'd still rather have ciggies on sale and coke on sale (despite not being a smoker). So the SU runs the shop, I accept that, but when they're deliberately removing stuff that a lot of students WANT, then its wrong.
    Its the students money thats keeping the shop afloat. Just leave the stuff there, will you!?!?!? Those who are behind such bans won't buy it and those who want it will. Does that make sense? I hope so.
    Fukkin' SU assclown

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

outstanding maturity on ur part dec

• Advertisement

Cheers man.. It comes entirely from stubborness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Wow, everyone's getting so annoyed, it must be the weather!

Evilution, I voted yay, I think you can come across as a bit antagonistic, but I wouldn't hold it against you if I met you in person, because boards is a bit of a one-sided personality representation. I come across as a perv for some reason, but I'm rather innocent in real life. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

you sound like me if i quit cigarettes again. thats not a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

i will vote nay after reading some of his posts it seems to me he is opinionated,it wouldnt be much fun if everyone had the same point of view,at least he is different :D

Evilution wrote:
    Is it my fault if some people here are complete retards and can't understand what I write? Hmmmmm.
    lol, I love it the way you misinterpret things. It gets me so hot ;)
    Evilution wrote:
    Put it to a vote and we'll see. I do feel I am obstinate by nature anyway, but I think that comes from having a fully developed personality
    Lucky for you I'm a stubborn lad. "fully developed personality", sincerely I don't see it. You often act (at least on boards) like a 16 y/o, and not a mature one at that. I thought you psych guys were supposed to be above all this pettyness?
    Evilution wrote:
    What makes you think that I have the problem? Because a few people here feel like they get a hard time from me?
    I don't think you have a problem. I just think at times you are very ott, or moody or something. As pet says it could just be a bit of a misunderstanding. We joke about a lot here, I suppose if you were to construe some things as serious...
    Evilution wrote:
    Now, if there's one thing I truely do dislike its people telling me how to conduct myself. This forum isn't an 'outlet for (my) unprovoked spite' as you seem to think...
    You must hate the garda, junior dean etc.. That aside, yes you do make some good contributions. I don't hate you, I hardly know you. I wouldn't hold it against you if I met you in public, provided you didn't bite my head off (I have this strange image of a decepticon bein doing this out of the blue) You say your a bit obstinate. I say you unleash on people randomly. You're the only person I've seen multiple boards members I respect telling you to relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

ApeXaviour wrote:
    You often act (at least on boards) like a 16 y/o, and not a mature one at that. I thought you psych guys were supposed to be above all this pettyness?

ok im sorry but that is so hypocritical.

i saw this thread on the main page when i logged on and had to see for myself if it actually was somebody having a vote about another poster. that is the only petty, 16 year old type behaviour i can see.

and to actually go through his previous posts and quote them!!
    if you have such a problem with the guy (which you clearly do, why else would you have even started this thread???) why dont you just ignore him? surely that would be the mature thing to do? instead you make an entire thread out of your dislike for him.....tragic mate, seriously tragic.

i vote NAY......he offers his own opinion and does it honestly, just because it differs from yours doesnt make him antagonistic. ;)

i saw this thread on the main page when i logged on and had to see for myself if it actually was somebody having a vote about another poster. that is the only petty, 16 year old type behaviour i can see.
    Well i agree with that..
    and to actually go through his previous posts and quote them!!
    if you have such a problem with the guy (which you clearly do, why else would you have even started this thread???) why dont you just ignore him? surely that would be the mature thing to do? instead you make an entire thread out of your dislike for him.....tragic mate, seriously tragic.

i vote NAY......he offers his own opinion and does it honestly, just because it differs from yours doesnt make him antagonistic. ;)
    Thats all a big load of ****e really, for one he never made this thread, he split it off another one which got dragged wayyy off topic. And in fairness Evilution started this whole thing, so if u actualy want to bother to read all the posts fully, have ur say but otherwise please keep out of it.

And if this thread degrades into any more crap by the evilution/dec i've no issues locking/deleting it.

SkyLynx wrote:
    Thats all a big load of ****e really, for one he never made this thread, he split it off another one which got dragged wayyy off topic. And in fairness Evilution started this whole thing, so if u actualy want to bother to read all the posts fully, have ur say but otherwise please keep out of it.

well i do apologise, :rolleyes: i was simply going on what i saw....which was a thread (which says its started by ApeX) with a poll in it about the extent Evilution's antagonistic nature. most people would have done the same.....oh and in my opinion saying "he split it off from another thread"...(and also added a poll!)....is the same as him starting the thread.

either way its ridiculous.

ok im sorry but that is so hypocritical.

Wasn't my idea mate.. His suggestion. I figured why not. So.. not so hypocritical
    and to actually go through his previous posts and quote them!! if you have such a problem with the guy (which you clearly do, why else would you have even started this thread???) why dont you just ignore him?
    That previous post I quoted was originally deleted (and not by me), so it's not acessible. It was also necessary to know how this had all started. I don't really have a problem with the chap. We had a disagreement. He thought most of this boards posters agreed with him, I figured they agreed with me. He suggested we have this vote. A good idea and a good way to end this IMO.
    Are you for real?
    You don't know what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

That's some trick, 9999 votes for pointless crap and only 66 views? I think there's some jiggerypokey afoot...

• Advertisement

John2 wrote:
    That's some trick, 9999 votes for pointless crap and only 66 views? I think there's some jiggerypokey afoot...
    i think ur seeing things john..

I just got rid of it. Messers..

i figured it reflected what most of us were think'n, i for one would have liked a 'this is pointless' option.. :)

I hate the "other option"
    If you feel that way just don't vote imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I feel an Atari Jaguar option is always an option. I'm pro-choice.

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Are you for real?
    You don't know what you're talking about.

of course not....afterall im disagreeing with you so i must be talking shít.i have read plenty of evilutions posts and havent seen any that would warrant a thread like this. petty childish crap. and if you were such the figure of maturity that you seem to think you are you wouldnt have posted the poll.....no matter who suggested it.

but what would i know? i forgot that i cant have an opinion unless its in agreement with you.

lol you're funny

Yeah... I'm such an autocrat.

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I hate the "other option"
    If you feel that way just don't vote imo.
    we like to express our apathy in a vocal manner

Hmm.. If I ever start another poll I'll consider it

• Advertisement

Wow, I'm speechless...but not keyboardless, lucky for you nasty lot :p
    I can't actually believe ye went through with it and made a thread about me! One minute I'm having a heated discussion with ApeXaviour....or was it Skylynx....or Boston (all the mods seem to role into one when they try to double or triple-team you), then I go down to watch The Panel and when I come back up my credibility and 'intellectual property' :D is being dissected and disseminated on a thread of its own. Am I shocked? Am I fukk!!!! Although I dared ye to do it, I still can't believe ye did. Man, I think the moderatorship of the TCD forum should be revoked from these clowns and put up for general tendership again.
    Thank you to everyone who said Nay, by the way, and to those who said yay (for at least you're showing an opinion as opposed to sitting on the communal boards fence, as it were). But especially to those who said nay :D
    By the way ApeXaviour, care to remind me where and when I bashed the junior dean; seems to have slipped my mind?
    But on the note of me being a bit antagonistic - ok, the definition of antagonistic is "the arousal of hostility". Well, it seems that YES I am guilty of that. However, that doesn't come from me directly attacking people (well, not all the time), it increasingly comes from me fronting my opinion in a direct fashion. Has the internet actually got so bad that it diminishes peoples ability to deal with confrontation? Or is it just the mods who live here or call this their bastion of authority? Man, I'd really really love to meet some of you mods in the flesh sometime ;) But hey, probably not, because they wouldn't have a fukking keyboard and admin rights to hide behind.
    You want a REAL thread dealing with a REAL issue on boards, eh? Make one on The Internet dimishes peoples ability to deal with confrontation. Try modding that, you goons, if you could?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement