Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stokke Sleepi

Options
  • 16-01-2005 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi
    Anyone have any experience with one of these cots?
    Interested to hear how they last? Did anyone make full use of the ability to convert from cot to bed to settee to chairs?!
    thanks
    mobpd

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

no i haven't sorry can you tell more about it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

yeah, what the hell is it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

If it's anything like their high chair, avoid it.

Sturdy but about as user-friendly as a cactus.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

The Stokke Sleepi has a list price in Ireland of €599! For €209 more you can extend it into a junior bed. Looks nice, but pretty steep...

Interesting what you think of the highchair slutmonkey :). The "in-laws" have 3 kids (8-11) and each has their own "Tripp Trapp" chair since very young. They swear by them (well, the adults do at least). Not sure if they're actually Stokke, but the design is similar. Was going to get one for our kid when he's old enough.

It's a great high chair - provided you never want to clean it or adjust it, since you have to dismantle the ENTIRE $£"%$£"$"$£"£"$"**"("$£"£%^!36 thing to even drop the seat a notch. It's not quite as bad once the front bar and the STUPID one-piece leather restraining strap is removed, but for babies? Totally overpriced and highly impractical. Not being able to adjust it without a set of allen keys handy and 3 spare hands means tring to fit a flailing baby in or out of it is going to make you feel as if you're about to break its back. The baby's back, not the chair.

I hate ours with a passion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

wwwohahhlll.. yippie I am back. thanks guys from www.askaboutmoney.com oh so that is what it is!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 StokkeSales

Hi Slutmonkey 57B

I work for Stokke, and am so sorry to hear that you are disappointed to hear that you hate your chair.

Also, it is not correct that you have to dismantle the chair to drop the seat. I wonder if you were talked through how to actually use the chair by the retailer you bought it from. If you are interested, I'd be happy to talk you through it so you get the best use out of the chair. If you either mail me you phone number I can ring you (siv.moltu-jacobsen@stokke.com) or alternatively you can contact our customer service in the uk directly. Phone number there is +441753 655 873, email: stokkeuk@stokke.com.

As with anything, to get the best use out of the Tripp Trapp you need to use it properly, and I just want you to get the most out of your investment.

Siv

Stokke UK and Ireland

Pffffffffff.

You don't have to - provided you haven't tightened the nuts properly. Or you can use a rubber hammer I suppose.

Perhaps for such an "award winning" design you can explain the logic behind the fact that the leather restraining strap is one piece that has to be threaded through a small hole in the seat then through the front bar before screwing the whole thing together?
    And that with the strap in place you can't drop the seat?

I love this quote from the site though:
    " It is important to adjust the depth of the seat so as to leave room between the seat and the child’s calves."

Because otherwise you'll break your kid's knees. And unlike other inferior designs, the depth between the back of the chair and the front can't be adjusted so if your baby is a few millimetres too wide, or god forbid wearing clothes, you're stuck. And even then you have a choice of two - count em - two - heights for a baby, and if you can't cram baby in there, then, well, you've just wasted €150. Inspirational stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I find the high chair fantastic. Granted the allen key is needed to adjust it, but it only requires the loosening of 2 screws.
    I adjusted mine 3-4 times, little un is heading for 3 now. She'll be using it for a few years yet.
    With the chair she is so much more integrated into the family at meal times, in that she uses the main table and she is at a good height as well. She also finds it dead handy to get up on it.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

The tripp-trapp is the business - we've two and the boys love them. Possibly the best thing is that the baby can now be sitting up at the table in the thick of the action rather than in a bouncer and wondering what the hell is going on up there. Now he knows...

• Advertisement
Advertisement