Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VC 100k

Options
  • 16-01-2005 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

Anyone else playing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭peeko

nope, whats the buy in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭CoD

it was $99+ reg its a rebuy too :/
    i got in thru a 9 man STT

I see HJs leading the way already! only 25mins in tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭CoD

thats me out 328/641

KJ, hit 2 pair on flop
    river was a Q and you guessed it some guy hit his gutshot straight he had AT :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Vamos

Came around 180th. My downfall was QQ vs AK. Other guy hits a K on turn. Would have been 2nd in chips at that stage. Had about 3k left then and AJ v AQ took me out. HJ still going strong anyway on about 40k with 100 or so left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Out in 33rd, blinds were massive (6k) and moved all in with AK, called by 10 10 and someone else with AQ (I think) but no help for me and Im out. 100k pot so I would of been in with a good chance of final table.

• Advertisement

hard luck man...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Yep it was a shame, I was up and down like a yoyo. 2 hands stood out for me, both in the rebuy stage. Ive been caught bluffiing (and semi bluffing) loads of times, especially against this one crap really loose guy to my left. I have 10Qs, and raise in MP. He calls. Flop is A J x. I bet and he calls. Turn is a blank, we both check, river is a K. I move all in for 7k into a pot of 2k. He calls and Im the Chip leader :)

Then a while later I raise utg with 95o. The button who is the next big stack calls. Flop is A 5 x. I bet and get called. Turn is a 5. I check, he bets, and I move all in. He calls with AQ!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I was watching this last night. At one point there were 6 boards people there heh. You hung on well for a good while on like 15k after being outdrawn. You must be important if you managed to pick up your own stalker too.

I was surprised to see all the people going all in all the time. I presume there was alot of bluffing going on. I remember one hand where you said you would have had to call someone's all-in with your small pair if someone else hadn't done the dirty for you.

It's a little different from the .05/.10 tables where I live :P

lol I hear you there draker, I stayed on watching as well, interesting game, nice prize!

Advertisement