Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most frustrating boss you've faced ??

Options
  • 16-01-2005 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭

It would have to be Xaero,the last boss on Quake3 I must have tried at least 50 times to beat him,it was on the hardest skill btw :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

the guy at the end of KOTR was insanely hard. I mean it wasn't so much so as it was a hard boss as much as the insane difficulty jump it was to when you fight him. Since u have to face him solo with only your main charecter and he has like 10 lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

Try any boss on MGS2, European Extreme Difficulty. Its impossible. One hit, ur dead.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Memnoch wrote:
    the guy at the end of KOTR was insanely hard. I mean it wasn't so much so as it was a hard boss as much as the insane difficulty jump it was to when you fight him. Since u have to face him solo with only your main charecter and he has like 10 lives.
    hehe this is funny, i thought it was too easy. once you just ran around and killed all the dying jedi first, he only had one life. hehe. very easy if you have the speed force and the draw life force! Gutted for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

prolly the 1v1 race toward the end of TRD2. guy drives literally a perfect lap every time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

The final boos figt at the end of Zelda the Minsh Cap on the GBA, still havent beaten him...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Had to be the boss at the end of Doom 2. Going up on the lift and letting a rocket loose at just the right time...and all the super deamons spawning around you....wow that was really diffucult. Ah nostalgia :o

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

Hmm cant remember the bosses name but it was in eternal darkness on the cube; Some huge effing thing in a cathedral; very very annoying.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Had to be the boss at the end of Doom 2. Going up on the lift and letting a rocket loose at just the right time...and all the super deamons spawning around you....wow that was really diffucult. Ah nostalgia :o

Reminds me of fighting Hitler at the end of Wolf 3D, great game...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Rew wrote:
    Reminds me of fighting Hitler at the end of Wolf 3D, great game...
    That was easy. The level was big enough & the walls to hide behind.

For me, the dude at the very end of Return TO Castle Wolfenstein was a monster to kill. With God Mode, Unlimited Weapons, it took me nearly 2 minutes to kill him. And oh, it was in a square'ish yard, with nothing much (if at all) to hide behind. I was playing with either medium or hard difficulty.

The odd thing was, before I killed him, there was one ending sequence, but when I killed him, but then I was put back in front of it, and when I finally killid it, there was another ending sequence. Quite odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

wtf? you call 2 mins a 'monster to kill'? :boggle:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Omega Pirate on hard mode Metroid Prime
    i'm sure he's a piece of piss to beat if you have even the tinyest ammount of patience... i don't

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Memnoch wrote:

Once you figure out to kill the jedi then just run away from Malak or Reven can't remember which he is you play as the other then just a few lightsaber throws and he' s down but it was a bitch fighting all the way to him all those **** on the ship then Bastila a tad dit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Boost Guardian, MP2E. He's frightening me away from hard mode.
    Omega Pirate on hard mode Metroid Prime
    i'm sure he's a piece of piss to beat if you have even the tinyest ammount of patience... i don't
    If you power bomb the troopers you're much freer to hurt him... normal mode I lose about 35 energy in this fight. And this fight can be done in 2 rounds on hard if you're very fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

malak was easy...i just drained all the life from the jedi geezers then he couldnt ..dead in a couple of minutes

hardest for me is probably fecking Penance (FFX) or however you spell it..the hidden one hidden until you kill all the dark aeons

12,000,000hp and takes about 4hrs...and can kill u in about 2 goes if u aint careful..as i found out 2hrs into my first stab at him :mad:

Boost Guardian, MP2E. He's frightening me away from hard mode.

If you power bomb the troopers you're much freer to hurt him... normal mode I lose about 35 energy in this fight. And this fight can be done in 2 rounds on hard if you're very fast.
    yeah. the bastid had me down to 50 energy on my second playthrough (the closest i came to dying)

i've always used my power bombs to shatter the lower crystals on Omega Pirate... might try it your way instead tomorrow...

nice KOTOR spoilers btw lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

The big mutant guy from fallout(final boss)......well it wasn't hard killing him, but I didn't want dogmeat to die. It must have taken me around 30 attempts before I finally did it....... but it was worth, anything for that dog.

tman wrote:
    i've always used my power bombs to shatter the lower crystals on Omega Pirate... might try it your way instead tomorrow...
    If you set a PB while he's crouching for the wave quake attack (bomb jump once, set PB at high point) you can take off all 4 armour pieces at once...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

but it was worth, anything for that dog.
    lol. Always bravely charging straight into the line of minigun fire. What a dog!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

PC FPS games all seem to have really frustrating bosses because they are always so badly designed. The worst was The uber soldier from RTCW. By the time I got to him I had hardly any health so before I could get cover I was killed. I eventually found a small bit of health and armour in the level and after lots of quick loads I made it to the health at the back of the room. Then I just did the same tactic for every PC FPS boss, hid behind a piece of scenery and shot the slow dense muppet when he showed himself.

Have to say Velius in FF Tactics on the PS1 was horrible. After an extremely difficult 1 on 1 battle you go up against the horrible velius and his minions. I fluked a win eventually when my ninja got 4 2x max strength hits in a row on him and my knight avoided all the summons since I was using the jump skill :)

The battle after was even worse. Every time I started the level I lost before I had a chance to take my turn. Had to read a walkthrough to beat it. I de-equipped my main character so the evil fast bitches attacked him instead of the mission critical character.

The last boss from FF9 was annoying as well since it mostly relied on luck unless you were at insanely high levels.

And the 1.5 hour battle with the last boss of FF8 didn't please me either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Hmm cant remember the bosses name but it was in eternal darkness on the cube; Some huge effing thing in a cathedral; very very annoying.

That one was quite tough alright.

I remember taking quite some time with the mid-point boss in the aeroplane in 'Resident Evil: Code Veronica' -- falling out of the plane was annoying. A friend of mine tried to beat him over 50 times and had to start the whole game all over again to conserve enough ammo -- ha ha! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Recently (ie saturday) i got my ass kicked consistently by that reolting yet strangelt attractie demon chick in ninja gaiden. F*cking bitch, she cheated, i tell ya! But it felt great to finally give her a damn good kicking and shout 'GOT YOU YOU BITCH!!!' at the tv :D

Some of the bosses in MP were pretty hard, ridley i remember being quite tough.
    Grandia had some of the most unfair boss fights ever, i remember one fight against 3 women really had me in a f*cking rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I remember the last boss in Star Trek Elite Force. Very easy game all the way through until the massive jump in difficulty for the last boss. Large amorphous blob that spewed energy at you and was practically a one shot kill. Eventually I had to resort to a cheat and then I knew I would never be able to beat it legally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Retr0gamer wrote:
    And the 1.5 hour battle with the last boss of FF8 didn't please me either.
    Disgustingly easy if you play the card game, frustratingly difficult if you didn't.

Transformers:
    That aircraft carrier. And most of the other bosses in the game, as far as I'm concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I played RTCW on medium or hard and I thought the final boss was easy - as someone mentioned, 2 minutes to kill him isn't too bad when you consider it should be the toughest fight in the game!

One of the level bosses in MGS on the PS1 was a right bastard - the one with the sniper rifle. Killed me loads of times.

Had to cheat to beat Doom 2 - that level was just too hard for me.

The final boss / alien baby in HL1 was probably the most satisfying final battle in a game - it wasn't insanely difficult but wasn't easy either. The least difficult when compared to the rest of the game / earlier encounter was the final boss of Serious Sam, it took about 15 tries to get across the plain to the pyramid, very difficult, but he died in one once I was inside. That said, he was probably the most impressive boss ever, he ate his vegetables as a young monster I bet! Wouldn't like to get between him and a buffet table at dinner time! Etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

The final boss in Red Faction 2... your first time taking on an armoured battle suit when you don't have one yourself... then when you finally blow him up... out he jumps with another giant energy gague... and by that time you're down to practically no health... and to top it off, he has a railgun and will kill you in 1 hit.
    And to make it even more frustrating, you have to sit through a 2 minute cut scene that you can't skip on every attempt.
    The whole game up until this point is píss-easy :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

The boss I have at the moment, he's fustrating.

Even if I come into work 5 minutes late he's always mad.....

EDIT: Oh wait wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Several of the bosses from Metroid Prime. The huge plant one really annoyed me. Actually all the bosses were bloody annoying!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Grandia had some of the most unfair boss fights ever, i remember one fight against 3 women really had me in a f*cking rage.

Didn't have any trouble with any bosses in Grandia. However saying that I loved the battle system so much that I killed every monster in every dungeon :)
    Disgustingly easy if you play the card game, frustratingly difficult if you didn't.

True. My first attempt was horrible and I needed evil tactics (thank god for triple). My second time through the game I annihilated him but it was more down to understanding the junction system this time around and drawing lots of magic and using the +1 stat increases.

Several of the bosses from Metroid Prime. The huge plant one really annoyed me. Actually all the bosses were bloody annoying!
    Flaaghra? He's ridiculously easy! Even with 99 health starting!

• Advertisement

Flaaghra? He's ridiculously easy! Even with 99 health starting!
    aye. and he's the only boss on hard mode that doesn't take an extra pounding :)
    he's like most of the bosses in prime 1 & 2. complete **** until you figure out their weaknesses

Advertisement