Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most frustrating boss you've faced ??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Knew there was one i couldnt kill.

Last guy in Jet Force Gemini absolute cnut.

kdjac

Cant seem to find any vid's for those pesky aeons. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Finally beat those god damn tanks and the helicopter in ninja gaiden. The tanks were the first videogame boss id played in ages that actually made me throw down the pad in sheer arse clenching frustreation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Now I wouldn't call them true FPS games.

As far as I'm concerned they are just very very good fps games but obviously because they weren't made for a japanese console rules them out of your biased world. Please tell me why Half Life isn't a true FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

lolE99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Q_Ball wrote:
    I've been stuck there a while now. Excellent game tho.

Right now i'm stuck on the magnificent 5 level in viewtiful joe 1. i had a hard enough time getting past them once, to have to do them one after another made me cry.

Ah well, on to burnout 3 i suppose

i only got Ninja gaiden last week and only stuck it in for the first time yesterday along with beyond good and evil and the clone wars.

i like them all but i never really understood how hard ninja gaiden could be ntil i played it. my god i got whipped by the first boss for god's sake. didnt take a hit the second time a fought him though.

Ive been stuck on Act 5 scene 2 of viewtiful joe for aaggggeess. first time i played it i didnt reverse everything upside down and got to
    another joe
    and then i found out about the reversing of the place and cant get to him any more. the big muscly yellow dudes keep whippin my ass.

i aim to finish 1 game before resident evil 4 arrives but it should have arrived two days ago. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Please tell me why Half Life isn't a true FPS

Shouldn't have quoted HL 1/2. IMO there weren't any good bosses in HL2. they were iof the strafe and shoot variety and felyt like fighting Hunters from Halo. The other games you did mention are FPS/RPG hybrids. And I did mention some of the bosses from HL if you read my previous posts. I've noticed that FPS game bosses haven't evolved since Doom. In fact the cyberdeamon is a far better boss than most FPS games have.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

The first pelican thing in HL was sweeeet. Never actually shot him but it was still great to fry his ass. Also loved frying the big beetle thing with the electricity. Although they were more mini-bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

pam wrote:
    As far as I'm concerned they are just very very good fps games but obviously because they weren't made for a japanese console rules them out of your biased world. Please tell me why Half Life isn't a true FPS.

Lol, you're such an angry man :D

True, HL is almost what defines the traditional FPS, but Nihilanth and Gonarch were tremendous pains in the ass regardless of how polished the rest of the game was.

The bosses in Deus ex (definitely not typical FPS and all the better for it), like
    Navarre and Hermann, were terrible. The only danger you had of losing to them was if you attempted to take them on with the power sword. The only saving grace was that you didn't have to fight them. Simons was dangerous but the main reason for that (aside from some bitchin' aim with the plasma rifle) is that he suffers from the whole 8,000,000 HP problem.
    Thumbs up for the final boss/level though.

Since when did the final SS2 boss take cleverness? They tell you exactly what to do in the audio logs.
    Those ICE-picks I was stockpiling came in very, very handy for her.
    There's not a single dissapointing part of that game though. Genius from start to finish.
    The first pelican thing in HL was sweeeet. Never actually shot him but it was still great to fry his ass. Also loved frying the big beetle thing with the electricity. Although they were more mini-bosses.
    They weren't really mini-bosses, it's just that they weren't presented in the traditional boss format. More of this sort of thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Camerafast

Gotta be Diablo in Diablo two.I was playing on hell.I nearly kicked the crap outta my pc!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Steven wrote:
    They weren't really mini-bosses, it's just that they weren't presented in the traditional boss format. More of this sort of thing!

What I liked about those bosses was even though they were the push buttons to kill variety the buttons weren't conveniently placed right beside the bosses. You had to trudge through quite a bit of the game to get to the buttons and the buttons that you pressed made sense.And avoiding them required more than strafing.

Anyone that mentions Halo 2 should be shot.

Steven wrote:
    Thats why I mentioned them. I only described them as mini-bosses as they werent like the end of a level just in your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Sangre wrote:
    Thats why I mentioned them. I only described them as mini-bosses as they werent like the end of a level just in your way.
    HL1 only had one level thats why :rolleyes:

Pugsley wrote:
    HL1 only had one level thats why :rolleyes:
    Yeah, no **** Sherlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I found the race against hilary for the malibu club in vice city was very hard to beat. In my opinion you needed some luck to do it. I spent many an hour trying to beat it, and i know some of my friends have also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I found the race against hilary for the malibu club in vice city was very hard to beat. In my opinion you needed some luck to do it. I spent many an hour trying to beat it, and i know some of my friends have also.

looking back, that was damn hard, a completely useless mission and it took one of my friends 3 weeks to do that bit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I'd say Ruby Weapon in FF7. Emerald had more health but it was just a lot harder to kill Ruby because of his leg/spike things.

None of the bosses in FF10 were that hard because you could re-design that board (can't remember the name) to give you 255 for all attributes and deal 99,999 damage / 99,999 health. Its only a matter of time to beat bosses in that game. Although it does take a ridiculous amount of time to do all this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The boss at the end of PS2 Shinobi had been handing my ass to me for months before I finally gave up. He's an absolute ****er. You have to air combo a load of little enemies to charge up your sword, he can teleport whereever he likes randomly and you have to hit him in the back to do any substantial damage.. I just don't care any more.

I've got a great one. Can't believe I didn't remember. Depite all the other evil but good bosses in the game the last one was the worst, most evil and most annoying boss I've ever faced. That game is Dynamite Headdy. The game is huge and takes ages to beat. And when you get to the end with only a few lives left you face a boss that requires either extreme luck or psychic foresight to beat since its impossible to tell which attack he will use and which head to counter it. I got to the last boss 11 times and only beat him on the last time. The most annoying thing was that i could never beat him when I played through the entire game but found him a bit of a push over when i used the level select cheat to practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Camerafast wrote:
    Gotta be Diablo in Diablo two.I was playing on hell.I nearly kicked the crap outta my pc!

Yeah, I know how you feel. I had to stop for some "quiet time" before I popped a blood vessel trying to kill him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hyungsup

I found "the End" really hard for MGS3 and the boss was pretty hard aswell...
    I played difficulty as normal so it would be pretty much imposible to play very hard......
    the most frustration boss was "the sorrow" in MGS3.....
    You will see why..... I died like 3~4 times....... you get really frustrated when you beat him...... you'll see....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

tman wrote:
    i've always used my power bombs to shatter the lower crystals on Omega Pirate... might try it your way instead tomorrow...
    absolutely owned :)
    just after beating him with 6 full energy tanks left.
    he's just a big pussycat if you've got enough power bombs.
    ridley on the other hand... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Either the vampire or the final boss in the abyss of severance: blade of darkness. The bastard keeps disappearing and reappearing miles away, so you have to go and run for a bit to actually attack him again. He's not that hard, just takes ages to get him. But the vampire is cool, once you figure him out, hes grand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

Mad Mike wrote:

Starwars Jedi Academy has a pretty impossible to beat boss at the end of a relatively easy game.

that boss was absolutely retarded!!!...i used the speed power and skipped the middle cutscene and it took LESS THAN 10 seconds to beat the boss (both parts)...

KOTOR had a fantastic boss imo...Malak was so cool..Anyone know what the KOTOR 2 boss is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I've got a great one. Can't believe I didn't remember. Depite all the other evil but good bosses in the game the last one was the worst, most evil and most annoying boss I've ever faced. That game is Dynamite Headdy. The game is huge and takes ages to beat. And when you get to the end with only a few lives left you face a boss that requires either extreme luck or psychic foresight to beat since its impossible to tell which attack he will use and which head to counter it. I got to the last boss 11 times and only beat him on the last time. The most annoying thing was that i could never beat him when I played through the entire game but found him a bit of a push over when i used the level select cheat to practice.
    Jesus ****ing christ that game, talk about unforgiving, even the very first fight was a challenge.....the last boss was scary, badly designed but it was an insanely fun fight, it's a shame games like that aren't around any more.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

This may sound weird but the final boss in diddy kong racing for the N64 was incredibly hard and then i had face he again and he was even harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

KOTOR had a fantastic boss imo...Malak was so cool..Anyone know what the KOTOR 2 boss is like?

Nah, a bit easy, and I played light side which is always harder.

And the Ultimate bosses in the FF games are always the most difficult. Penance is very difficult in FFX yes but a lot of you seem to have left of Nemesis, or whatever that final area creation was, he was miles harder than Penance imo :) . FFX brought ultimate bosses to a new height though, the ones in previous FF games were never overly difficult, except for Ruby in FFVII and Shinji in FFV

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ah wizpig wasnt too bad. once you got drumstick he was easier. you needed to know how to use the green smoke boost thing though. once you get T.T the game just gets ridiculously easy.

fastest time on ancient lake is like 45:23. also for some reason i cant get the high sped racing cheat. i beat all the special times and everything and it isnt unlocked. i was really pissed off.

Anima wrote:
    I'd say Ruby Weapon in FF7. Emerald had more health but it was just a lot harder to kill Ruby because of his leg/spike things.

None of the bosses in FF10 were that hard because you could re-design that board (can't remember the name) to give you 255 for all attributes and deal 99,999 damage / 99,999 health. Its only a matter of time to beat bosses in that game. Although it does take a ridiculous amount of time to do all this.

I thought the ruby weapon in FFVII was easy compared to the dark aeons. All you needed to do was go into battle with
    2 people dead and then revive them
    . As I remember it he was susceptible to some status ailments *I think* which made him alot easier. He also couldnt kill you with one move like those bastard aeons.

just my 2c :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

i dont think nemesis was harder than penance :eek: Nem took me about 2hrs or so Pen toom me 4 :mad:

as for FFX grid..i did redesign mine...got everyone to 99,999 9,999 255 attributes except luck which was about 120..and the dark aeons..well bahamut and aftwards were still twats!!!!

ff7 bosses dont come close imo ruby was harder than ultima though ...but kotr w summon and mime = none at that bad ;)

Advertisement