Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere to stay in Dublin

• 17-01-2005 12:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone got a recommendation for where the girlfriend and I could spend the night? Looking for somewhere cheap and cheerful but reasonably close to the city centre. A place that's fairly intimate would be most desirable so that rules out a multi-bed dorm. Where are the best and worst places to stay?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If it's cheap you want, I'm sure the hostels will do twin rooms, maybe even doubles.

Or check out geusthouses in places like Drumcondra or Donnybrook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I know its further out, but the Travellodge at Swords and Castleknock for €40 per room would be worth considering...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

DMC wrote:
    I know its further out, but the Travellodge at Swords and Castleknock for €40 per room would be worth considering...

This is a good idea. The travellodge at castleknock is about half an hour from the city centre on a bus. 3 buses go past it, the 37, 38 and 39. All of them go into city centre. They come every 10 mins or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Bewleys hotel beside the rds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭wrafter

Here's a spot that was recommended to me recently - it's new and has a retro feel - haven't stayed there myself, but the prices are pretty good for Dublin city centre, and you get breakfast!!! MMMM, breakfas. www.graftonguesthouse.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 crippledshutin

Try a B and B, there's tons intown. Try out in Rathmines or over in Drumcondra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

http://www.couchsurfing.com is a good alternative for short stays - if you are on a budget, and not the sort to fleece someone's house.

Advertisement