Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Panel on Network 2

• 17-01-2005 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Who likes it? Who hates it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

really enjoy it now that Fiona looney tune isn't on it anymore! she was just too annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭radiospan

Eeeeemmmmmm...... I like it! :D

Is it back on yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

plazzTT wrote:
    Eeeeemmmmmm...... I like it! :D

Is it back on yet?

Dude, it was on tonight at 9.30pm (absolutely brilliant episode by the way). It'll be on every sunday night at that time from now on.
    Hi, Cork_girl, I don't think that hating the girls is justifiable. They never say anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Think it was on tonight plazzTT.

Changed from Monday to Sunday.

Could be wrong though.. i didn't see it but i think i remember seeing it listed for Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Evilution wrote:
    Hi, Cork_girl, I don't think that hating the girls is justifiable. They never say anything.
    if only they didn't.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I can't watch it, Neil Delamare is the only funny person on it.
    As for Daire O'Brian...I want to punch that little prick in the teeth. He's the most irritating person on TV and he JUST ISN'T FUNNY.

eth0_ wrote:
    Neil Delamare is the only funny person on it.

He's getting a sympathy vote because he's a bogger.
    eth0_ wrote:
    As for Daire O'Brian...I want to punch that little prick in the teeth

Hardly little. My Da goes on about his mouth too, saying he twists his words out.
    eth0_ wrote:
    He's the most irritating person on TV and he JUST ISN'T FUNNY.

More irritating than the contestants of big brother? Or The Afternoon show on Net 2? Or anyone on You're a Star?

Neil Delamare is actually a really funny guy, i've seen him do stand up a few times and chatted to him after his shows, he's a genuine nice guy unlike Daire.

Also, have you noticed how many times Daire says 'EHHHHHHHHHHHH'? Another reason I cannot watch The Panel.

eth0_ wrote:
    Also, have you noticed how many times Daire says 'EHHHHHHHHHHHH'? Another reason I cannot watch The Panel.

Yanno the way you like the word Pedantic? Ok, well here goes...
    As much as I hate to be pedantic, how do you know he says EHHHH a lot if you cannot watch the show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

eth0_ wrote:

Oh I've noticed ... and It's a drinking game in itself. You can also use occurances 'Colin Murphy' grimaces or 'Ed Byrne accused of appearing feminine' or even 'lighting makes Kathryn Thomas look like a Micronesian shrunken-head' in order to play.

Certainly more fun than watching the show for entertainment in itself anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Does RTE not know they r clashin the Panel with Bog Brother. I had to sky+ the panel and watch it later

Evilution wrote:
    Yanno the way you like the word Pedantic? Ok, well here goes...
    As much as I hate to be pedantic, how do you know he says EHHHH a lot if you cannot watch the show?

Because, it's been used as a drinking game in my house before.
    I first noticed him doing it in 'Don't feed the gondolas'. But I liked that show so I persevered.

My flatmates watch The Panel so it's inevitable that i'll see bits of it, but I try not to.

Also...what do you mean by 'Yanno the way you like the word Pedantic? ' ?

eth0_ wrote:
    Because, it's been used as a drinking game in my house before.
    I first noticed him doing it in 'Don't feed the gondolas'. But I liked that show so I persevered.

A drinking game based on Dara's idiosyncracies? Jaysus, hard to believe that around the country people are scheduling pissups for a sunday night at 9.30. He should be flattered.
    To be honest though, I think its about the best comedy RTE have produced in yonks. Irish TV programmes are a sham really.

eth0_ wrote:
    Also...what do you mean by 'Yanno the way you like the word Pedantic? ' ?

Oh nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

i think she nice looking but she really doesn't say anything at all, let alone anything funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

It'd be good if those women weren't on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Although the blonde one who does the eircom adverts is hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I love it. I share Cork_girl's dislike of the women panelists - they just don't bring humour to the programme. Andrew Maxwell (in girl seat for last few weeks of last series) is very funny.
    I saw the last episode of last series (with Podge and Rodge) being taped in Helix last year. They taped 2 hours on the Sunday night for transmission the following evening. I loved every minute of it. And the tickets are free (a friend of a friend organised them so I don't know the details).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Feena

I like it. Although, seeing Mary Kenny made me immediately want to change the channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Pigman II wrote:
    Oh I've noticed ... and It's a drinking game in itself. You can also use occurances 'Colin Murphy' grimaces or 'Ed Byrne accused of appearing feminine' or even 'lighting makes Kathryn Thomas look like a Micronesian shrunken-head' in order to play.

Certainly more fun than watching the show for entertainment in itself anyway.

id say the word culchie or d4 would get you the most pissed though. i think the panel is becoming a bit too formulatic

• Advertisement

daymobrew wrote:
    I saw the last episode of last series (with Podge and Rodge) ...

Man, P&R totally laid waste to the last show of last year. The ripped everyone apart without exception. Was gas though. Think I might apply for some tickets in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

It's not as good as when it wasn't edited - missed the episode where something happened to stop them showing it live...

But at least that dry shíte moron Fiona Looney isn't on it anymore...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I like it alot, but I agree about the editing. Last night's episode had lots of really obvious cuts, which I always find vaguely irritating.
    I must try that drinking game though, Sunday nights or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Willem D wrote:
    Although the blonde one who does the eircom adverts is hot.

You have got to be f-ing kidding me man, shes average at best. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

it can be good when they're not crawling over each other to get their 'joke' in.
    http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13285618,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

it's good, mainly cause it's topical, irish and at least a bit funny [and sometimes very funny.]

the editing is a bit too much though, it sometimes appears as if the guests only said about 5 lines, it's a little unfair to have a guest on and then kinda make fun of them or give them very little screen time.

They could perhaps either lengthen it or only have two guests on, with all the editing, it seems a bit rushed and broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭beezkneez

That Colin Murphy chap should not be allowed on the telly, he is never funny and makes stupid faces when other quests are talking to make the audience laugh.
    The only good part of the show is the quests, sometimes they have politicians and the like on who try to act casual and funny but usually end up making a fool of themselves.
    Also i wont hear a bad word about Kathryn Thomas, she is super duper!

beezkneez wrote:
    Also i wont hear a bad word about Kathryn Thomas...

No sweat, here's two bad words - daft bint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

I think the main reason for the female panelists (eg kathryn thomas) is that they make the resident comedians seem funnier. It must be easy money as they hardly ever say anything. That, or what they say is edited out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭DuFF-MAN

hey,

I think the last episode of the previous "season"(the one with podge and rodge as final guests) was probably the best episode by the single fact that there was not one person of female status present on the panel.

LISTEN UP RTÉ :mad: :Trying mix women with comedy is like Trying to mix Oil with water!!!

P.S:i think dara o brian is fairly funny, better than that other gobsh**e who insists on sitting on the far right.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I like the Panel but I agree about the female guests the only one I've ever found funny was Pauline McGlynn. But I did like it better before they started editing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Geri Maye is the female on this week :( She's too used to having her audience being under five years old judging by her last appearance...

Very good episode tonight. Tabby did himself proud. That bit where Dara was slagging off the IRA about robbing the bank was legend too.

Who was yer one on it? One of the worst guests ever I thought.

I hope they stop using so many Reality TV stars on it, I don't recognise any of them!

Who was Tabby? Was he in a band or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Damn. Missed it. Forgot today was Sunday.

Do they repeat the Panel at all during the week?

• Advertisement

Jeff_Lebowski

Do they repeat the Panel at all during the week? I think they do, on a monday or a tuesday night, quite late, usually after midnight. Check the listings or the www.rte.ie website.

plazzTT
    Who was yer one on it? David Norris :D Only joking, it was Janet Street Porter - a journalist from the UK. She writes some ok stuff, very sarcastic.

I hope they stop using so many Reality TV stars on it, I don't recognise any of them! Yeah, reality TV blows :mad:

Who was Tabby? Was he in a band or something? He was on that waste-or-TV show 'The X factor'. He lost in the final. He was a good laugh though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Not according to Digiguide :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I know it used to be repeated on Saturday night...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

eth0_ wrote:
    Neil Delamare is the only funny person on it.
    You've got to be kidding? He only joke is that everything is corrupt and it's not even funny...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Maybe they totally edited her out, but I'd say Geri-Maye got like 3 lines in the whole of last nights show. The guys pretty much wouldn't let her get a word in edgeways. The lines she did get were silly cliched ones to the guest, Jodi Albert in this case, about what her ambitions were.

Not that they were prolly going to give her any real funny or important lines but she is gorgeous, & the freaking camera kept cutting away to those other dudes on the left.

Anywho it is one of RTE's better shows, although I wish they hadn't of changed it to Sundays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Was Geri Maye engaged to be married to Ray D'Arcy?

And if so what happened?

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

BaZmO* wrote:
    Was Geri Maye engaged to be married to Ray D'Arcy?

And if so what happened?

B.

Only engaged but he could'ent fix her friday.

TIPPTOP wrote:

:D LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

watched The Panel last night for the first time ever and liked it

that gardener guy didnt seem impressed when they said that one on the recycling ads with him was annoying :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

TIPPTOP wrote:

Good - very good!

There's this TV program you should be on...!

BTW I was at last Sundays recording - THe reason they edited Geri Maye out so much is because so many of her jokes fell flat on their face...there was discussion about something happening to Irish Dancer - "THey must be reeling..." and such like.

Token female. They should try get that DJ from Newstalk back from last year - the rugby fella. He ripped the token female that night like no one's business. Quality!

What happened that they had to stop the live broadcast? I missed that also.

Darragh

BTW I was at last Sundays recording - THe reason they edited Geri Maye out so much is because so many of her jokes fell flat on their face...

Yeah, thought as much.

What happened that they had to stop the live broadcast? I missed that also.

Because on one of the live broadcast's they had to go to a break early because some guy in the audience was heckling the feck out of a guest (Joe Duffy I think) and it was possible to hear everything he was saying.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

LOL tonights show was hilarious, especially dara's sketch about the crazy frog ringtone ad

"Surely we should care for the crazy frogs of our society and not film them and sell them as ringtones"

"Is he crazy because of the noise hes making or because he thinks hes on an invisible motorbike"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Whats the name of the terribly unfunny female "comedian" which is usually seated to the right of the host(Daragh, I think)?

Yeah, good line up too. Good to see Karl Spain on it, but Shane Lynch is a complete idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

so much better without jerry may.

• Advertisement
Advertisement