Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Ball is back on for 2005

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I presume MCD will offer acts and Niall will pick the ones he wants. I don't see Chemical Brothers as being unattainable. In past the Prodigy, the Smiths and other top class bands have played. I'm sure there's an archive somewhere of who has played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i heard this cool band are playing, i think they're called joan of trinity arch. they're like a suave cross between sterophonics new stuff and oasis's classic stuff. three guys are in it, galligan, kealy and guiney, should be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

John2 wrote:
    I presume MCD will offer acts and Niall will pick the ones he wants.
    i'd doubt he has such veto powers over acts, but it remains to be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

As far as I could tell, they have little or no power. MCD are setting up the entire thing leaving only ticket sales and distribution with the csc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

Actually not at all. The TN article was very misleading as the author seemed to think that the CSC ran the ball. As said above, it's the Capitation Committee (the five student organisation), and this isn't part of the CSC - in fact the CSC are part of it! Sort of a fundamental mistake for your front page story, eh?

The Ents officer is involved at every level in doing this (lineup, running order, etc). The CSC will continue with tickets etc. but never really had a role in selecting acts etc.

• Advertisement

was that stupid article about stupid apple in trinity news or ur?

Hee hee hee...

joking.

if i was moderately rich i might buy an apple. if i'm like i am, i wouldn't cos they machines and their software seems realy really expensive, and unlike pc stuff, u seem to have to pay for apple's.

if i was really really rich, i'd probably get a really cool pc. or maybe a time machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

Hee hee hee. Guilty as charged.

:eek:

was an opinion/feature/rambling piece though...no warranty offered to the accuracy of my thoughts ;)

I know, I know. Everyone hates Apple. So be it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

i heard this cool band are playing, i think they're called joan of trinity arch. they're like a suave cross between sterophonics new stuff and oasis's classic stuff. three guys are in it, galligan, kealy and guiney, should be good.
    Went to see them. Very good. They've changed their name to the Fury of Tim now. The guitarist is very handsome and is very talented.

• Advertisement

John2 wrote:
    Went to see them. Very good. They've changed their name to the Fury of Tim now. The guitarist is very handsome and is very talented.
    furry tim eh?

furry trim

furry trim
    ur gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

*makes placards for PETA*

damn my secrets out. i thought all that sexual brovado would be an effective shroud.

and before u ask the b is there for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

effective shroad.

Wtf is a shroad?

woopsy shroud. thought it be obvious thou. or maybe u like knit picking. passive aggression? or maybe u just didn't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

the latter.

Advertisement